Are my Breasts Likely to Get Encapsulated from Having Sex (Oral) 10 Days After? (photo)

I recently had breast augmentation where I got 600ccs of cohesive silicone gel placed under the muscle, through the infra-mammary crease. Prior to breast implants I was a 32 B. I recently had oral sex on my partner (sorry to be so specific) but my heart rate was higher than I thought. I am scared I have ruined my results since my right breast become a bit more swollen (i'm not sure if it was or if it is in my head). How likely is it that I caused damage?

Early asymmetry after a breast augmentation

+1

Most likely not relation between sexual activity and breast size or the development of a capsular contracture.  I would continue to monitor the situation and let your plastic surgeon be aware of the change. 

Capsular contracture

+1

Luckily I've never heard of any type of sexual activity leading to cc.  Your result is very early so it's not uncommon to have swelling appear different on each side.  If it's a rapid change I would check with your ps but rest assured cc is not associated with sex

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and sex

+1

Depending on how long it's been since your augmentation, you could have a couple of issues that could have arisen causing the right side to appear larger.  Within the first few weeks after augmentation, increasing your blood pressure through exercise or sex could increase your chance of internal bleeding or increased fluid around your implants ("seroma"). I would recommend you go see your PS for evaluation.  Hope it goes well.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity has no known effect on capsular contracture.

+1

I don't think anything you've done that is sexually related has any effect on the development of capsular contracture.

Fairly unlikely to have caused any damage

+1

It's fairly unlikely that you have caused any permanent damage or issues regarding your breast implants, related to your recent activities.  Definitely ask your plastic surgeon whether it's ok to continue with these activities, or if there are specific recommendations and restrictions they have.  You may have some differential swelling, and the implants can also settle at different rates, leading to slight asymmetries this early from the procedure.  The most prudent thing to do would be to follow your physician's instructions, and contact them if you've any questions or concerns.  Good luck.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Intimacy and implants

+1

Hi Maria. Unless you strained, stretched, or put pressure on your breasts, you don't need to worry about compromising your results. An elevated heart rate can cause increased swelling, but is not related to capsular contracture. If you are still worried, please contact your plastic surgeon. He or she should be happy to answer your questions and put your mind at ease. Good luck.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon