Will my Breasts Drop Too Low or Change Shape if I Leave my Surgical Bra off for a Couple of Hours?

I had my breast augmentation a week ago and had 290ml saline implants placed above the muscle. I was given a surgical strap however after seeing that the strap had already made my breasts drop quite low my nurse told me it was ok to stop wearing the strap. I have an event this weekend and was really wanting to leave the icky surgical bra at home however my nurse told me its to early and my breasts may drop to much or possibly change shape. Is this true?

Might be okay

+1
I recommend that my patients wear their post-surgical bra every day and night for the first 8 weeks after their surgery. This provides support for the breasts and minimizes the risk of "bottoming out". However, if it's only for a couple of hours and you don't bounce around too much, it should be okay. Ask your surgeon for their advice.

Removal of Bra for A Few Hours after Breast Augmentation

+1

Removal of the Bra for A Few Hours after Breast Augmentation will likely have no effect on the final results.

Strap

+1

the comment made by the nurse is ridiculous. The bra is for your comfort and has little to no final effect on surgical results.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

Having the breast bra off for a few hours will not change the outcome of your breast shape or placement.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Bra or not after breast augmentation

+1

Some surgeons like the bra after augmentation, and we do, but some do not. We feel the bra is about comfort, not about holding the implant in position as the pocket should do that. We would say it is safe to go without.

Removing Bra after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Although, it is always best to check with your plastic surgeon about specific postoperative care concerns, I think most surgeons would agree that removing the bra for a couple of hours should not cause a problem for you.