Are my Breasts Deformed? Tubular? (photo)

Hello I'm 28, I have always felt my breasts are strange looking compared to other people's! I feel deformed and I think I will chose to undergo surgery, I am eight months pregnant my breasts have not changed a bit and I feel surgery after is my best option. Can I ask your opinion and how long should I wait to have surgery? Thank you so much

+1

Yes you could benefit from surgery. But wait 3 months after finished breast feeding to seek in person opinions 

Tubular or constricted breasts can be treated by mastopexy with or without breast augmentation.

+1

The photographs on the right definitely demonstrate a tubular or constricted breast. Most commonly they are corrected by breast augmentation sometimes in combination with a mastopexy.

Are my Breasts Deformed? Tubular?

+1

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your breasts can be made 'normal' looking with an augmentation and lift.  A larger implant can be used on your smaller side, and a lift with areola reduction can be performed as well as lowering of your breast crease to give you a nice symmetrical result.  Consult with a few board certified physicians who are experienced in dealing with tuberous breasts as you do not have a simple case.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous or Tubular breast deformity

+1

Thank you for your question.  It would be best to repost your pictures after you completed both the pregnancy and breast feeding.  You are currently pregnant so the look of your breast is not the 'normal' one for now.  But if you have tuberous breasts, it is correctable but make sure you have a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with tuberous breasts.  The correction of this deformity is very gratifying for the patient and the surgeon.   Good luck!  Toronto Breast plastic surgeon Dr. Marc DuPere

Marc DuPéré, MD

Are my Breasts Deformed? Tubular?

+1

It does look like  you have a tubular breast . i will recommend you wait until done breast feeding for at least 3 months , and then plan your surgery .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae

•widely spaced breasts

•high breast fold

•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast

•minimal breast tissue

•narrow base of the breast

Most of these are apparent in your photos.l

Timing for surgery?   About three months after cessation of nursing. The procedure will be a breast lift, which incorporates a reduction in areolar size, and breast implants. Specific advise will come at a consultation--each patient with a tuberous breast has a unique operation to address the specifics of her anatomy. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.