Will my Breasts Continue to Become More Symmetrical ? I'm 3 1/2 Months Postop.

I had breast augmentation 3 and 1/2 months ago with a lift. It was done under the muscle. My left breast was more swollen initially postop. It has gone done a good amount, but was wondering if it's realistic to think that the left breast will continue to come down in size to match the right. It's less noticeable in a bra/clothes. Is where I'm out the final outcome, or can I expect further reduction in size in the left that was more swollen to begin with ?

Final Shaping of Breast Implants

+1

It can take up to 3 months to see the final shape and symmetry of breast implants post breast augmentation. However, the key element is to know that no one is totally symmetrical. Pre-operatively, you will not be symmetrical and post operatively the goal is to have improved shaping and symmetry, but it can take up to 3 months.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation and lift

+1

At this point, the swelling has mostly gone done. It is a good idea to wait at least another two months. Then see your plastic surgeon to discuss the asymmetry. Don't rush to have another surgery at this point. Your swelling can continue to decrease. 

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Yes, I think you can expect to see further changes in regards to the appearance of the breasts over the course of the next few months. I have seen breasts change even up to one year postoperatively. Hopefully, this will translate to improve symmetry for you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast augmentation

+1

At 3 1/2 months since surgery, you are probably getting close to where the swelling is gone.  Remember no two breasts are exactly alike.

Post augment asymmetry

+1

Yes, the swelling will still decrease over time and you should wait at least another 3 months before evaluating the result.  This is a process and can take time to resolve.  Be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Symmetry after breast augmentation and a lift

+1

It iws very nornal for the breasts to appear a bit uneven after surgery.  In fact, most breasts have some degree of uneveness before surgery.  It takes several months for the swelling and changes of surgery to resolve.

Give it some time and make sure to tell your surgeon about your concerns.  Six months is a fair amount of time to wait to get a good idea of your results, eventhough changes are likely to continue for up to a year.

Hang in there.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon