Will my Breasts Appear Bigger Once It Drops and Settles? (photo)

I just had my BA. I am 3 days post op. I am 5'1 and 125lbs. I had 397cc moderate plus profile silicone placed under the muscles. I was a deflated 34B prior to my BA. I told my PS that I wanted to be a full C or a small D. From what I see so far it looks really small. Will my breasts appear larger once it drops and fluff?

Only 3 days post-op

+1

Breast size and shape will change over time as you heal. While waiting is very difficult for most women following breast augmentation, try to be patient and not worry. It's very difficult to predict this early on.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Shape change following submuscular breast augmentation

+1

When the implants are placed under the muscle the muscle will flatten out the breast implant initially. This can make the implant look a bit smaller.  As the muscle relaxes the breast will narrow and projection will improve.  So the shape changes but the size change will be relative. 

Looking bigger when implants fall

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  Your implants take on better shape and often are able to show their projection better as the swelling decreases.  The total volume obviously will not increase. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breasts after augmentation

+1

At three days post surgery, it is fairly common for the implants to be a bit high. Once they setlle a bit and fill the lower pole, they may appear more natural. Usually there is a lot of swelling now and they may actually become a bit smaller.

Will My Breasts Look Bigger With Time?

+1

Dear Kwin27,  You will most likely not appear bigger as you implants "settle" into their final position. They usually look at bit bigger at this stage from swelling and with time look better in shape and position. Determining cup size at this stage is difficult and I agree with my colleague in that I've had patients buy a B,C and D bra from different stores and all appeared to fit well! You are only 3 days from surgery...please be patient and wait 6-8 weeks before you rush to surgery looking for bigger implants.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Will my Breasts Appear Bigger Once It Drops and Settles?

+1

From the look of these photos these implants are rather well positioned now, and probably will not change too much in size or shape in the future. 

There are no fixed definitions of cup size, so I find that to be  less than ideal in picking a goal. I have numerous patients who can wear bras of 3 different cup sizes that all seem to fit. As I look at these pictures they look like a full C to me, and that is the problem with cup size. 

I would expect about a 2 cup size increase with the 397 cc implants. 

At any rate, allow some time (as in 3 months) before thinking about size change. 

All the best. 

Breast implant size

+1

I don't recommend making any decisions at 3 days about your breast appearance or size. You are still healing. However it is not likely they will look bigger in a few weeks as you are close to the maximum swelling period now. I suggest you get through the healing period of at least 4-6 weeks and then see what size bra you are in and get a better sense then about size before making a too hasty decision so early post op..

G. Wesley Price, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Not larger. Smaller but a better shape

+1

Once the swelling goes down and the implants settle yoyur breasts will be smaller not bigger. Patients usually like the shape better as the swelling goes down. Just be patient and wait and see. You can always go with a more projecting, high profile implant with the same diameter which would be 500ccHP later if you are not satisfied. Good luck.

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon