Will my Breasts End Up Being Even? (photo)

It has been a month and 5 days now, and I don't know if im freaking out too soon. My right breast implant hasn't dropped any like my left breast implant, and I know it probably is taking more time. But my main concern is that my nipples are not even. Will the right one even out with my left nipple once the breast drops more and will the right breast take on the shape of the left breast?

Augmented asymmetry leads to more obvious asymmetry.

+1

Asymmetry is the norm in breast surgery. When asymmetrical breasts are augmented with the same implants on each side, the asymmetry becomes more noticeable. In your case, you had a rather large augmentation given your preoperative breast photos. You can expect to be tight as the breasts are now 4 or 5 times the original size. That being said, your right implant is sitting higher at 5 weeks, but this process can take 12 weeks or longer before the implant lowers. Techniques such as bandeaus and massage can hasten this process. Over time, the breast tissue will relax to accomodate the implants and that leads to more "natural" appearing breasts.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Uneven post aug

+1

The thing to do is to maybe put a washcloth across the top of your right breast and wear a breast strap to see if it will lower.As I look at your preop photos I noticed you had some assymetry to your breasts before hand so this may not correct itself.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about breast asymmetry at 5 weeks postoperative breast augmentation

+1

Your breasts were not symmetrical before nor will they be after - even long term. With that said, the implants in general appear to big and wide for your chest. As a consequence there is too much implant higher up which will probably never fully improve. The right breast implant does extend higher and appears not to be nearly as low which is further accentuating the disparity of the nipple-areola complexes.

It is my suspicion that your right breast implant will not "drop" to any significant extent at this point in time ... so other options may need to be considered in the future. However, I would give this at least 4 - 6 months more.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

Thanks for the before/after photos. I will address your un level N/A complexes. There were that way before. Unless your surgeon discussed this with you they would still be uneven after operation. Informed consent prior to operation that explains to YOUR satisfaction all these issues was needed. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for the photos. It is great to look at your preop photo and compare it to the post-op.  There is definite asymmetry both before and after. The right one( left in picture) looks to be smaller and tighter, as it appears in the post as well. It may come down a bit more, it is too soon to tell.

Will breast even out after implants

+1

There are subtle differences in the skin envelope before your augmentation and the difference is more noticeable possibly due to the a very large implant (large for you) in a rather tight pocket. Your result will improve as the skin envelope relaxes and melds with the implant. You can continue a breast band over a comfortable T at night, and wait things out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Too soon to tell

+1

Patience after cosmetic surgery is hard for the surgeon and even harder for the patient.  It is too soon to freak out about your results.  Because the right implant is a little higher and the right breast fold and nipple sit naturally lower, this magnifies the natural unevenness of your nipple appearance.  Realistically, you will need to wait 3 to 6 months to determine whether the right implant will 'drop' and whether the result is acceptable.  If it is not ideal, is worth more surgery to correct it. 

Hang in there and good luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Understanding that your breasts will never be completely “even”,  you will need to be patient for several more months before you see the final results of surgery.  Hopefully once the breast implants have completely “settled” you will be pleased  with the symmetry of the breasts.

In the meantime continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Will Breast be Even After Augmentation?

+1

Based on your pictures, one of your nipples was lower than the other before surgery so you should not expect that to change. You should give it a few more months for the other implant to drop a bit.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

You Implants may not drop much

+1

You have uneven infra mammary fold before surgery and it is same after surgery. It looks like you have implants above the muscle and trans-axillary. The size of your implants were too big for your tissue. The nipple position is very uneven before surgery and it is much harder to even out the position through trans-axillary approach. You should wait 2 more months and then see your surgeon for final evaluation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon