Will my Breasts Go Back to Normal? (photo)

I recently had implants removed after having them in for only 3 months. I'm 3.5 wks post op from removal. My PS's response to removal was, "The good thing about removal is that the breasts go right back to looking like they did before!"He seemed confident that my breasts would retract to their original pre-op size and shape. I'm still early in healing, but I am noticing that my upper breast area is still very flat and a little loose. Can I anticipate this to resolve itself in the upcoming weeks?

Result after breast implant removal

+1

It is hard to predict what your result will be after removing your implants.  Your breasts will go through changes and find their own balance as they heal.  Use of a supportive bra is recommended.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Removal with flat upper pole

+1

Thank you for your question.  I would expect to see changes to the breast mound and skin over the next 3 months.  I think it is too early to assess the final result.   I would recommend good bra support and massage of your chest wall to minimize scar tissue buildup.

I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breasts after expalantation

+1

It is difficult to predict how the breasts will finally look. They may firm up more as time goes by. Good luck.

Implant Removal

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  I never inform patients that after implant removal that their breast return to their original state.  You will not regain the upper fullness.   That fullness was produced by your implants.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast size and shape 3 1/2 weeks after removal of breast implants

+1

There are factors that work in favor of having your breasts return to their preoperative appearance; length of time one has had implants, age, and skin elasticity. Be patient. Give it another couple of months. The fact that you did not have your implants for very long and your apparent good skin tone suggests that your breasts will be "OK." Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD