My Breasts Are Too Far Apart, Will a Breast 'Lift' Help?

I'm a 10D or 8DD and feel they are too far apart, I can fit 3 fingers in the middle before the tissue begins to thicken. They are not saggy at all and I'm happy with the size. Is there such a thing as a breast lift inwards? How much would this cost and what are the options/complications? They look amazing in a push up bra but in a bikini they dissappear out the sides, any info would help :)

Breast implants and cleavage

+1

Cleavage with breast implants really depends upon your anatomy. If implants are placed under the muscle, the muscle insertion "blocks" the migration medially to be limited by the medial insertion of the muscle.  It can be cheated in a bit.

Garments the only option

+1

From your description, the only option is to use the garments for the look you want.  Lifts make scars and are only done for droopy breasts and implants make you bigger.  So if you like your size and aren't droopy, no surgery would be appropriate for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lifts Will Not Create Cleavage

+1

The definitive answer is that no form of a breast lift is going to create cleavage or lessen the sternal space between the breast mounds. This is what bras can do as you have observed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How to improve cleavage.

+1

Without photos or physical examination it is extremely hard to speculate on what meaningful advice I might give, but there are some anatomic facts that we can discuss.

If your breasts look "amazing" in a push-up bra, they probably look pretty amazing without a bra also, especially since "they are not saggy at all" and you are "happy with the size." So my first observation is that perhaps you are being too hard on yourself! I have always told patients that cleavage is a function of a good push-up bra, not of plastic surgery, although adding implants and volume to small breasts can help add fullness which can improve the closeness of breasts in the sternal region.

But NOT if your breasts are situated on the chest wall in a position that naturally places then a bit further apart than in other women, or if the chest wall is more curved than in women with a pectus excavatum ("sunken chest") where the center of the chest is indented.

If you don't need a breast lift, there is no surgical procedure to reposition the breasts more centrally on your chest wall.

Please put this question to rest by seeing a board-certified and properly-trained plastic surgeon in your area. He or she can easily tell you if there are any appropriate or feasible operations to improve your appearance.

However, I suspect that by your description your breasts need nothing at all--in a bra or not! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift can increase cleavage

+1

Without phorographs, it is hard to assess your abnormalities.  However, there is a technique called "The Ultimate Lift" that can be done to position the breast mound more medially and increase the cleavage.  This can be done through a circumareola approach with only incisions around the nipple and NO vertical or boat anchor shaped incisions.  The cost is about $5000 in Houston, Texas.  The possble complications are like any breast surgery, which are nipple numbness, bleeding, infection or scarring.  It sounds like your problem is mostly of lateral displacement and this could also be improved with the technique.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage

+1

If you have a broad space of just skin on bone, it is unlikely breast lift or breast enlargement will make that better.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

Unfortunately,  despite your good description of your breast exam,  it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures.  It may be helpful to you to resubmit your question with frontal and side breast pictures and/or to  seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.