Can U Tell Me Why my Breasts and Areola Are Different Sizes? (photo)

Hi I have recently had a bilateral mastopexy to fix a previous breast enlargement. Before my recent surgery my breasts were the same size my problem is that after my recent surgery my left breast is noticeably larger than my right one and so is my areola on that side. Can u please advise when I will be able to have this corrected as it has only been 8 weeks since my surgery and also if anyone has any ideas how this has happened. Thanks

Breasts and Areola Are Different

From this single photo, I certainly can see the difference in the areolar sizes, but not too much else with certainty. It may be that there is a size difference in the breasts, but I cannot discern it in this photo. The whole photo looks a bit tilted.

As far as overall breast size, it may be a bit early to assess anyway, although I can't tell from the narrative if this operation was just a lift or if something was also done with the implants. Swelling varies from one side to the next, as does the pace of relaxation of the pectoral muscles under which the implants usually lie. 

It is hard to imagine that these two areolas weren't marked with the same marker to the same size, but that does not assure that the final outcome will by the same size. One thing that I see occasionally is that just touching the first areola with the marker causes the other to contract, and the same size marker may result in a larger areola on the second side despite care to get them as even as possible. The good news is that after all has settled (allow 6 months) it would be an easy fix usually under local anesthesia to either reduce the size of the larger areola or to enlarge the smaller one, depending upon your preference. 

Thanks for your question and best wishes.