How Will my Breasts Look After Removal of 430cc PIP Implants?

Visited my surgeon today to discuss the options for the removal of my PIP implants. Advised to have them removed and wait 6 months before making the decision to replace with new implants. My concern is my breasts will look extremely saggy and will be substantial void in my breast, prior to surgery was a 36B currently a 38FF! I want to be a smaller size after surgery but I anticipated my surgeon recommending removal of implants then inserting smaller implants and uplift in one procedure.

Remove and Replace Implants with Lift

+2

Downsizing of implants with breast lift is a very common request, and these items can be performed at the same time. 

Appearance of Breasts after Breast Implant Removal?

+2

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, without viewing pictures or direct examination is not possible to give you precise advice. However, based on your description of breast size, it is very likely that you will benefit from breast lifting at some point.   Whether it is  best/safe to do the breast lift at the same time as removal of breast implants/capsulectomy, is a decision that will be made by your plastic surgeon ( who you should select carefully).  You may very well find that you will receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons you consult with.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after removal or downsizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

PIP Implant

+2

Removal of PIP implant with removal of the capsule is a must.

Your size now is 38FF fromoriginal 36B, that is a huge increase and most probably your breast and skin is streatched.and reomoval of implants will result in sagging breast. Even going to smaller implant may need a lift.

The question is what is your expectations as far as the size, shape of the breast. Then one can tailor the surgery to your needs and desires.

+2

Unless you surely  want to be back to your original size, I concur with you and would recommend using smaller implants to replace the current ones. As to the need for a lift, that depends on many factors. If the size change is modest, you might find that you don't need a lift, and waiting to see how much the breast skin recovers makes sense. Hard to guess without at least a photo. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Breast Implants and Downsizing

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many different opinions on this. In most cases the implants an be removed and new ones placed in. Unless you are infected, then the situation is changed. If you want to be smaller, put in a smaller implant, and small reduction if needed. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implants

+1

It is often common to downsize breast implants and perform a lift at the same time.  This would likely lead to a better cosmetic result than just removing your large implants altogether.  If you do that you will have a lot of loose skin.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Removing breast implants and final shape

+1

You are correct in that removing your implants will most likely cause your breasts to appear flat and saggy.  A smaller implant and a lift may be a good option.