One of my Breasts is 34E and my Other Breast is 34B, What Size Should I Be To Make Them Symmetrical?

i hate my difference and im getting my breast operation i dont know what size is good for me im 5ft 4 i want my smaller one to be bigger and reduce the bigger one

Breast asymmetry

+1

A 34 B breast has approximate volume of 300 mL's.  A 34 E breast has approximate volume of 600 mL's.  If you underwent an implant of 300 cc into your B size breast, it would correspond to an E.  An implant smaller than that would require a reduction of the larger breast.  The larger breast can be reduced through a circumareola approach, if skin removal is needed or liposuction if skin removal in not needed.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry correction

+1

A physical exam would be required to make any recommendations.  During this assessment, I would need to take measurements of your chest wall, evaluate the nipple position (any sagging), and assess your skin quality.   

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Augment/reduction

+1
You certainly have choices. Plaese understand that the augmented breast will not be the same shape as the reduced one. Some patients will have a reduction only to attempt to match the smaller breast; others will do this first and then consider bilateral augmentation at a later point, or have both performed simultaneously. As you can tell from the responses to your query, this isn't a simple procedure and it does require a lot of patient input as to what you would be comfortable with. This definitely isn't something to rush into or to rely on the opinion of the surgeon; you will need to play a big role in defining your needs and, after learning about the limitations, deciding which option to choose.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

In patients with a significant asymmetry, if they would be happy with the size of their smaller breast, then the surgery is very much simpler and more predictable...reduce the larger breast to match the smaller, consider a lift of the smaller if it needs one due to sagging. As soon as you decide you want to be larger in volume than the smaller breast, then you need implants. And one problem is that putting an implant into the smaller breast will create a shape (in terms of roundness and upper pole fullness) that the opposite breast will not completely match after a breast reduction unless a small implant is placed into that breast as well.  The volumes may match, but the shape may not. And reducing the larger breast and augmenting it as well with an implant does make the overall surgery more complicated and somewhat less predictable.  That being said, it is done and patients are generally very happy with the results.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

You Can Best Decide On Size Of Asymmetrical Breasts

+1

You need to give some input on the size you would like for your breasts to be following a reduction on one side and an augmentation of the other.  You could "try on implants" on the smaller side to help this determination.  That breast could then serve as a template for the reduction side.

John Whitt, MD