My Breast Are Uneven Significantly What Can I Do?

my breast stopped growing when I was about 15 and I am now 23 I have been through two pregnancies without any growth the problem is they are uneven significantly by almost two cup sizes and other than padding a bra with. or wearing big tee shirtsi cant hide it. the strange thing is I'm overweight but I have no clue what's going on. what can I do to fix this and how much will it cost?

Reduce large breasts to correct asymmetry

+1

If your breasts are asymmetrical, you have to decide which breast you like better. If you prefer the size of the larger breast then you should increase the size of the smaller one 2 cup sizes to match.  If you like the smaller breast then you should reduce the larger breast.  This can be done by excision or through liposuction.  You state that you have had 2 pregnancies and often patients need the breasts lifted at the same time.  These procedures are required to match areola positions.  I recommend a technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This can be done on both breasts, lifting them to correct the drooping from pregnancies and reduce the size of the larger one.  The disadvantage of an implant is that it will decend at a rate different than the other size, will lead to asymmetry in the future and require revisions.  The more stable long term procedure would be to reduce the larger breast to match the smaller one.  The cost of surgery would be between $9,000 and $11,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

+1

There are two ways to even out breast size asymmetries. The larger breast can be reduced in size or the smaller breast can be augmented. Make an appointment with your local plastic surgeon to discuss the options that would provide you with the best results.

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

What Can I Do About My Uneven Breasts...

+1

Asymmetry is very common in women and can cause a great deal of self esteem issues. While there are a few different solutions available to achieve more symmetrical breasts, it is important to understand that they may never be perfectly even.  Having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery is crucial to obtaining the best result possible.  The different options include a reduction and lift of the larger one, or an implant into the smaller one, or combination of the two procedures. The cost varies depending on which procedure you choose, as well as the doctor.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Correction of breast asymmetry with implants and/or breast reduction

+1

Without a picture, I can only give non-specific guidelines.  In general you have three options for surgically addressing a significant difference in breast size:  Breast implant (augmentation) of the smaller side, breast reduction of the larger side or a combination of the two.  Breast asymmetry is common and can sometimes be caused by a congenital defect of the chest wall.  It is very important for you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience in breast surgery.  He or she can evaluate you and give you a recommended surgical plan to meet your needs.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/photo-gallery-atlanta/breast-augmentation

Breast asymmetry can definitely be corrected.

+1

Hi.  You may need a lift of the smaller breast and a reduction of the larger one.  Fees vary too widely to give useful information about that.

Breast asymmetry

+1

All women have some degree of asymmetry of their breasts. Yours sound more significant. Breast reduction or lift with or without implants should help.

Severe breast asymmetry can be addressed in a variety of ways.

+1

Severe breast asymmetry can be addressed in a variety of ways, including placement of different size implants.  Sometimes it is necessary to lift or reduce the larger breast as well.  It is hard to be more specific without pictures, but a consult should help you get the answers you are looking for.

Breast assymetry

+1

Breast asymmetry is a very common problem. all women have some degree of mismatching breast shape, size or position. You are describing a more noticeable and difficult case of breast asymmetry.

Fortunately, you have many options including surgery on the larger breast to make it match the smaller one (breast reduction); surgery on the smaller one to make it match the larger one (breast augmentation); and sometimes a breast lift (mastopexy) may also be necessary. 

Remember all women have some asymmetry, and you will still have some degree of asymmetry after surgery. But you can expect a noticeable improvement without the need to pad your bra or wear loose shirts.

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see which option, if any, is best for you.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

My Breasts Are Uneven

+1

Specific advice can best come during an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. Without at least photos and some idea of what your goals are, it is hard to make even a general suggestion. Better symmetry can be accomplished by some combination of enlarging the smaller breast, and/or reducing the larger breast. YOur weight has little or nothing to do with the size difference.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

What are the options for uneven breasts?

+1

In several cases this size descrepancy can be made to appear almost normal with the placement of implants that are of different sizes to accomodate the volume needs on each side.  You should call and be seen by a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for a full consultation.  You can also be evaluated for fat grafting.  With all of the above provedures I envourage a mammogram prior to breast augmentation for comparison later if there are changes in the breast or concerns that would lead to a mammogram.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.