Are my Breast Tuberous and What Should I Get Done? (photo)

I would like to have the least amount of visible scarring and an areolar reduction. I see so many women get their breast done and the areola looks ridiculously too large. I know I need a lift but what are my options for my breast the lollipop, crescent? I want them to look as natural as possible. Your help is greatly appreciated I am nervous that I will come out looking worse.

Tubular breasts, large areolas, small breasts

+1

Hi,

There are several approaches to your case.  If you are going to have an augmentation at the same time, it might be easier to get you a nice result.  You can have periareolar incisions to reduce your areolas and at the same time, you can have the areolas lifted.  If implants are chosen, then they will go through these incisions and in my practice, they would go under the muscle.  Please see link to show the donut pexy approach.

The lolipop is also an approach that would be appropriate.  Discuss your options with your ps and you will come to the best decision.

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgerygroup.net/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=140&StartRow=1

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Options for Large Areolae and Breast Droop

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts. You have two choices to improve your breasts. First, if you are the size you wish to be,  a simple breast lift would suffice. Without an examination, it appears that a "Lollypop" reduction with areolae reduction would be your best choice for good contour and long lasting results. Secondly, you could enlarge the breast with implants and do a lift if you are not as larger as  you wish. Doing this, you may be able to get away with a leser type of lift. Both these procedures could be done at the same time. Consult an experienced breast surgeon who can do both augmentation and mastopexy together.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations for breast surgery

+1

I agree with my colleagues who think you do not have a tuberous breast. You have a lack of volume which is what implants are designed to correct. I would suspect that you could have very nicely shaped breasts with just a moderate size implant. And you might be surprised that, when you have more volume, even if an implant increases the size of you areola slightly, that it is much more in proportion and actually looks fine without any reduction or lift. But diagnosing from pictures is not as accurate as an actual exam and evaluation. You should see at least one board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options. You will need to be comfortable with your chosen surgeon and his or her recommendations. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It would be much more accurate to give you advice after direct examination and a full discussion of your goals. Based on your pictures, it is not clear to me whether you have tuberous (constructed) breasts or just mild  ptosis.

Depending on your goals, you will likely benefit from breast augmentation and limited ( circumareola) breast lifting.  The “crescent” breast lift is associated with enough problems that I would not recommend it to you.

Again, in person examination by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will serve you best; make sure you see lots of examples of his/her work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Breast droop

+1

You have slight droop of the breast and a circumareola lift and an implant may do the trick to improve the shape.

Periareolar breast lift with implants

+1

Your best option is to undergo a periareolar (around the nipple) lift with areolar reduction. Through the same incision a high profile silicone implant can be placed partially under the muscle. Your final areolar size if planned correctly will be smaller and more aesthetic.

Web reference: http://www.AristocratPS.com/breast-procedures/breast-lift/

A circumareolar breast lift with areola reduction with or without breast implants.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

If you want minimal scarring, a lift around the nipple with areolar reduction should work well.  If you want to be larger, adding an implant would do so.

A permanent circumareolar purse string/pinwheel suture around the areola will prevent areolar widening.

Correcting the not so tuberous breast

+1

Your breast is not tuberous. You will do very well with an implant though it will expand the skin envelope and perhaps dialate the areola further. If you dislike the areolar size then an around the nipple type lift, Benelli, with a blocking suture to prevent the areolar spread from recurring is a good approach to consider.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Are my Breast Tuberous and What Should I Get Done?

+1

Your breasts are mildly constricted (deficient in tissue and skin in the lower pole, narrow width to the breast, large areolas low on the breast, etc.). You would benefit from a conservatively sized implant to add volume and reshape the breast and a periareolar (circular or Benelli) breast lift to reduce the size of the areola and lift it into a better position so that it does not point downward after an implant is placed. Although difficult to say without examining you and making measurements, it does not appear that you need to add a vertical scar ("lollipop"), but ultimately the best resulting shape is the most important thing, so a vertical scar, if needed, should not be avoided if the shape would suffer in the process.  A crescent lift does essentially nothing but give you a scar, in my opinion...there is no reduction in areolar size and no reliable lift.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Tuberous Breast

+1

It appears you have  mildly tuberous breast.I would recommend an examination because without one it is not possible to ascertain the best treatment. I typically will not address the tuberous deformity without placement of an implant in that I feel the result is inadequate.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org/plastic-surgery-chicago.html