Are my Breast Tuberous? (photo)

Hi, i am thinking to have a breast augmentation in this month. I am wondering if my breasts are tubular or not. There are 4 photos of me -1 frontview, 1 rightview, 1 leftview and 1 i want to have- attached. If they are tubular, is areolar incision a must? Which one is the best for me? Subglandular, subfascial or subpectoral? I am a workout maniac and i don't want to quit doing push-ups and planks for at least 6 months so i don't prefer a subpectoral augmentation. Thank you for valuable comments.

Tuberous breast deformity

+2

thank you for the post and the helpful photos.  It appears that you have a mild case of tuberous or constricted breasts.  The characteristic part of your breasts is the short distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold and lack of breast tissue at the inferior portion of the breast whereas a normal shaped breast will have the majority of the breast tissue at the lower half.  This may be dramatically enhanced and improved with a breast augmentation.  I do not believe that you will require a circumareolar incision in your case.  Regarding the implant position, generally the submuscular position will have certain benefits, especially in thin patients such as you to warrant that as a selection.  You should be able to return to full physical activities without limitations.  I do not allow my patients top participate in any strenuous exercise for a period of six weeks (not six months) after this type of surgery.  good luck.

Breast implants help tuberous breasts

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs. You do appear to have characteristics typical of constricted breasts, but yours is a fairly mild condition. You are way too thin for subglandular implants, you would clearly regret this surgery. I much prefer the subpectoral position and allow my patients to start working out in three weeks.....six months is ridiculous. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+2

You have a few chacteristics of tuberous breasts, but not enough to require a different operative plan.  A sub fascial augmentation should work well depending on the size you want and will have the least impact on your physical activity.   A periareolar incision is not mandatory.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Tuberous Breasts

+2

Tuberous breast defines a specific anomalous developmental anatomy of the breasts. There are different degrees of this condition, affecting specific part of the breast. For a successful correction each affected part needs to be defined and corrected. In your particular case at least the tight lower pole of the breast needs to be corrected. If you don’t mind keeping rather large areola, then you would not need the incision around the entire areola. Likewise, a sub-fascial placement of appropriate implant would work well for you.  Ask your surgeon about his experience with correcting this type of breast condition.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Yes, I think your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts.  There are lots of variations of tuberous breasts.
Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping). 
Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper breast implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern,  you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery.  Exactly what operation would help you will depend on a full communication of your goals. Based on  your question and pictures provided,  a breast augmentation as well as an areolar skin/tissue  reduction  will serve to significantly improve the shape/contour of your breasts.  I prefer the use of the sub muscular (dual plane) breast implant position for most patients. 
You may find the attached link helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tubularbreasts.htm

Correcting Tuberous Breasts

+1

Thank you for posting your photos.

You do exhibit some traits of tuberous breasts but not as extreme as the patient in last photo you have shared.

Something important to mention is that you have a relatively small area under your nipples (the lower pole of your breasts).

With that perspective, a physical examination during an in-person consultation is necessary to discuss your goals and to assess the overall anatomy of your breasts.

Nonetheless, I believe that a breast augmentation with an areolar resizing will enhance your breasts greatly.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Tuberous breasts and implant position

+1

In my opinion (and definition of tuberous breasts), you have a mild constriction of the level just below the nipple-areola. This may or may not fill out with an augmentation but should be treated separately and directly if needed after the augmentation is done. 

Otherwise you have a normal A cup size breast and will do best with a dual-plane released subpectoral implant that is properly fitted to the width of your breast and will increase your size from 1-2 cup sizes depending on the chosen forward profile. Since you have little breast tissue below the nipple-areolar level I would consider a gel-filled implant as the pectoralis muscle does not cover the lower pole and lateral side of the breast. 

In my opinion and experience, the issues related to the pectoralis are heavily in favor of getting the implant below the muscle for the upper part of the breast and it is healed by 2 weeks. I start patients back on lower body workout after the first week and upper body workout after the second week. It's like being out of shape though. I wouldn't start out on pushups or the pec machine at two weeks or enter a tournament of some sort at two weeks, but by 6 weeks with some effort on your part, you should be back to full activity and confidence with your pecs. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

You have mildly constricted breasts but the are not overtly tuberous. This can likely be corrected with breast augmentation.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

You have mildly constricted breasts but the are not overtly tuberous.  This can likely be corrected with breast augmentation.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Yes your breasts are constricted(tuberous). This problems can be corrected wiht or without the use of a breast implant.

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Different grades of tuberous breast deformity

+1

There are degrees of tuberous breast deformity from mild to severe.  You may have a very mild form of tuberous breast deformity but it will not really impact your augmentation results if your surgeons identifies this possibility.  The implant alone may stretch out the breast fold if it is overtly tight but it may be that your small amount of breast tissue allows the fold to sit up higher.  I suspect that when its all said and done your breast augmentation results will not really be impacted.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-augmentation.cfm