Are my Breast Supposed to Look Like This? (Photos)

I'm 3 weeks post op after my breast augmentation and a few days ago I began feeling the implant along the side of my breast and it is visible too and it looks weird to me so I am not sure if it's fine. I also noticed that my left breast is a lot lower than my right one and I don't know if it's just dropping quicker or if something is wrong. Does it look okay or could there be a problem?

TOO SOON: 3 weeks after Breast Augmentation

+2

It is really too soon to know the finished outcome of your recent breast augmentation.  You ought to look at your before photos to see if the left breast was lower at the crease than the right breast.  Also, look at yourself in the mirror and stand as naturally as you do without thinking about it.  Are your shoulders even?  Or, there may have been more bleeding on the left side and it will take longer to re-absorb.  The body reacts asymmetrically during surgery and in the healing stage.  With over 40 years of performing breast augmentation you need to know that I have seen some patients take over a year for the breast to finish the healing process.  Certainly at 3-6 months the outcome is close to what they will look like at a year.  Patience in letting the body heal is so important.  We all want the outcome right away.  Time is on your side.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation

+1

Hard to say. I do not know if your left breast fold was lower in your pre operative photos. If it was then this could have been predicted. If your left fold was not lower in your pre operative photos then your left breast implant is lower then the right one. The right one will settle over time as well. It is hard to know if they will both settle the same but you should give it 3 months to see what the final result will be. You may need to try and support the left breast as much as possible to help the capsule form in a more elevated position. Only your implanting surgeon really will know what you need because they made the pockets so they know better what is likely happening.

Richard J. Brown, MD

3 weeks post-op augmentation

+1

is a bit early to be excessively concerned and seeking opinions on-line.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see what he/she tells you.  If you do not agree, then certainly coming here for additional input can be beneficial.  However, this early on, you need to trust your surgeon whom you selected, presumably because you did trust him/her and let him/her guide you through the recovery process.  Do not wait for your next appointment to voice your concerns, especially if something seems to be actively changing.  You need to contact your surgeon now about your concerns.  In my opinion, I believe it is more important to have level upper poles so tube tops and tank tops sit level since that is the part that is visible to others.

Curtis Wong, MD

More changes still possible with additional recovery

+1
Hello, Thank you for the photos. It is still early in the recovery period so additional changes are anticipated. In terms of one breast being lower than the other it may be that additional time is needed for the higher one to catch up. If the pockets were created slightly different than massaging the higher one may be helpful. I would check with your plastic surgeon regarding this. Implant palpability and visibility is normal when you are thin. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation and appearance

+1

It is always good to see pre-op photos.  It is a bit early to see the final result. You should give it at least 3-4 months to heal before being overly concerned about the differences.

Post-operative breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question.  I think you should see your plastic surgeon and discuss supporting your left breast more actively to prevent bottoming out and lateral displacement.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Are my Breast Supposed to Look Like This?

+1

Based ONLY on the poorly posted to close up photos and the description I believe you do have some issues. The right pocket is either not dissected low enough or the left pocket is dissected to low. The size might be asymmetric or un even. Personally I prefer the right result but either way unfortunately you will need revision. Sorry. 

Post Operative Uneven Breasts

+1

Thank you for the question and your pictures. You are still in the early stage of healing with inflammation and an active scarring process. Over 3 to 6 months post-op the swelling and the scarring subsides while the soft tissue will accommodate allowing the implants to fall into their desired position. Having said that I am not sure as to  why the significant difference between the inframammary folds that is present in your photos. I would recommend a follow up with your surgeon for an evaluation and a discussion of your concerns. Good luck

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Asymmetry.

+1

There are many things that can cause asymmetry early on that will resolve. This difference in breast folds is not one of those, and may represent a problem that needs to be addressed by a revision surgery. Not having the opportunity to see before photos, I couldn't say if this was a problem before surgery or not.

A visit to your surgeon is in order. 

Thanks for your question and the photos, best wishes. 

Time to see your doctor

+1

I can see that the one implant is lower down than the other.  This needs to be evaluated by your doctor so please call them and get in right away for a check. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS