Could my Breast Still Have Possibly Swelling?

Hi, I had a breast reduction 33 days ago ro reduce my breast from a 36DD to a full B/Small C. I was measured about 3 1/2 weeks after my procedure and my measurements are a 34DD. Is there a possibility that my breast are still swollen, for going from a 36DD to a 34DD is not at all a huge reduction? If they are still swollen what are the signs that indicate this?

Breast reduction and bra size

+1

If you were wearing a 36 and now a 34 then the bra was not fitted properly.  So the cup size that you should have been originally if you wore a 34 was most likely much larger.  You may certainly ahve swelling as well.

Swelling after a breast reduction

+1

I tell my patients that it will be 4 to 6 months before all the swelling is gone so you almost certainly still have swelling. And try not to get hung up on bra sizes but look more at your size and shape. There is a great deal of variation in bra sizing and there can be a great deal of difference in cup size between and 34 DD and a 36DD. If you are a 34 (which is the measurement around your rib cage and it is not changed during surgery) and were wearing a 36, you were not wearing a correct size. A 36DD has a cup that is closer to a 34DDD so there is likely to be a bigger change in your size than would seem from just looking at the letters of your bra size. I hope this is helpful to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon