My Breast Started off Symmetrical and Have Dramatically Changed?

I had a breast augmentation a little over a week ago. Before the surgery my breast were symmetrical. After my left was just slightly bigger but my doctor told me it was normal. Now they are completely different. My left is almost two sizes larger and softer, my right is smaller and not as soft. Is this normal while healing? Will they eventually even out?

Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

Based on your description, the increase in your left breast size and the tenderness you have described may be a sign of an infection or internal hematoma/seroma; the doubling of your breast size and the tenderness require a visit to your surgeon for a physical examination.

I hope all goes well with you.

Thank you for your post.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1
My concern with a two size difference between the breasts is whether you have a hematoma, seroma or infection. I recommend that you see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible for followup.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

Thanks for your question. I cannot tell whether the left breast has gotten larger over the right breast has gotten smaller. Either way if there has been a size change something has occurred that needs to be addressed by her surgeon. He may have developed a seroma or hematoma causing the left side to enlarge, were suffered a leak in the right side causing it to get smaller.

As always a photo attached to your question would be helpful. However seeing your surgeon is essential. Best wishes

Breast Asymmetry

+1

You may want to to re-check with your doctor regarding the asymmetry. It's unusual to be two sizes different a week out from your surgery. Occasionally one may be a little asymmetric secondary to muscle spasm or minor fluid collections, however if there is a significant difference as you are describing, I think that you surgeon should be notified of this.

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon