Why are my breasts not sore or bruised but very swollen and tight at the end of my work day?

I am 36, and I do hair. I use my arms all day. Im very althetic. I went from an a cup to a small d cup. 425 cc silicone, under the muscle. I feel great, had no bruising and minimal swelling. I went back to work 7 days after. Im now 10 days out.

Swollen breasts at end of day

+1
Swelling can worsen as the day goes on, especially when you're physically active (which sounds like you are). You may want to ease off a bit and take it easier.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1
Dear Cgrl,
Keep your surgeon in the loop. Return to the office for a recheck. However, considering your work, and how early you are (only 10 days postop), I think you are doing amazingly well!!  So this all sounds to be within normal limits, but check to be sure.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tight and swollen breasts

+1
I'm glad that your recovering from your breast augmentation is going well. You may still have some mild irritation from your daily activities and that may cause your swelling and tightness. This will resolve in the ensuing weeks. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon if you have greater concerns.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Healing After Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for you inquiry on breast augmentation and healing.

You should contact your plastic surgeon for the best advice.  It is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.
  • I usually advise my patients to refrain from strenuous activity for at least six weeks after surgery.
  • Standing on your feet all day, reaching, and lifting can cause you to feel the way you do and is strenuous.
  • It may be best to wait a few more weeks before returning to work.   

Best Wishes.

EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast implant swollen 10 days after surgery when working as a hairdresser

+1
Thank you for your question.  Working as a hairdresser requires a lot of upper body movement.  10 days is very early after breast augmentation surgery and I am not surprised that your breasts well with this increased activity.  If your concern please check with your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Swollen breasts after augmentation

+1
It is normal for your breasts to be swollen and feel hard after surgery, especially if you work using your arm and chest muscles all day.  Everyone is different, but you should notice that your breasts will feel normal in about a month.

Jaime Perez, MD