My Breast Size is a 42 D. If I Have 628 Grams Removed from Each Breast What Cup Size Will This Make Me?

Cup size after breast reduction

+1

Unfortuntately, there is no good way to predict your future cup size.  There are multiple reasons for this.  First, cup sizes aren't necessarily standard and may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and will also vary on how you are fitted for your bra.  For example, a 30D is essentially the same as a 32C.  Another thing to remember is that when a plastic surgeon says that he or she will remove 628 grams of breast tissue, it is only an estimate.  The goal of a breast reduction is to remove enough tissue to alleviate your symptoms, and leave enough behind so that you have an aesthetic and proportional breast.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

without pictures its impossible to let you know what the end results would be. You should see A PS to give you your options.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Cup size and breast reduction

+1

First, it is very difficult to predict cup size from volume removal, second there are no photos to get an idea of what size the breast are now.  Everyone "wears" breasts a bit differently.  628 gms is a little more than a pound of tissue.

What size will a 628 gram reduction leave me?

+1

Tough to tell, cup size is very manufacturer dependent, like I tell my patients, there is no golden cup in New York that is the standard for cup size in the US. A reduction usually leaves you proportionate to your bodies frame. Good luck

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after reduction

+1
Wow-that is the most specific gram weight reduction question I have ever seen on RealSelf! Cup size cannot be predicted as it is determined by a variety of factors and bra manufacturers are inconsistent.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Bra cup size after Breast Reduction

+1

It is difficult to predict bra cup size after a breast reduction.  The procedure is designed to remove an adequate amount of tissue to help relieve symptoms of neck, back pain, shoulder grooving, a rash under the breasts, etc.  The amount of tissue removed will result in a different cup size in different patients.  You should carefully discuss your goals with your surgeon prior to surgery to ensure that your expectations are realistic. 

Stephen Delia, MD

What would be the cup size after removing 628 gm

+1

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to tell you exactly what will be your cups size for several reasons,; thou have to wait initially for all the swelling to subside. This may take 6 months and sometimes longer. the bar cup size is not an accurate reflection of the breast size. There are different bar manufacurers and different bra designs will fit you differently. Best wishes

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. 
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important that patients communicate their size goals with their surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
Generally, I advise patients undergoing breast reduction surgery to go small enough to alleviate symptoms related to breast hypertrophy as much as possible while retaining as much breast tissue as necessary to maintain proportionality between the upper and lower torso.