Will my Breast Shape Return to Normal? (photo)

reduction/lift in Oct 2012. From 38F to 38C. My surgeon says C, I think, B. My breast do not fill the C cup and I have tried MANY. "B" cup fits better.My surgeon doesnt believe in tubes for drainage and I had alot of fluid buildup.As a result of swelling, I was asked to really rest for a month. I did this and healed nicely but the space caused by the swelling is still apparent on either side and puffs out.The scar along the sides of my breasts sticks out maybe due to stretching.

Will my Breast Shape Return to Normal?

+2

Current photos would make it possible to answer this. Better would be including befores also.  Despite your verbal description, I really can't visualize what is going on. Please consider posting some picture. 

All the best. 

Will My Breast Shape Change?

+1

It's really too soon to worry about the shape of your breasts because this will most likely not be your final outcome.  Because everyone heals differently, it can take 6-8 months for your final results.  Keep in mind that you may need a little revision to correct some things that you and your surgeon feel can be improved upon.  Try to be patient and give yourself some time to let your breasts settle and follow up with your surgeon with your concerns. Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Post op Breast Reduction Shape Changes

+1
I think that breast size issues are one of the most difficult areas to address with surgery.  Sometimes bra sizes make little sense and vary greatly by manufacturer. Rather than get into a discussion about cup sizes, I usually ask my patients how they like the way they look instead.  Your post op photos demonstrate a flat appearance to the lower pole of the breast.  This should improve over time with bottoming out.  I would  give it at least a year.  Fullness on the sides can persist and could be addressed down the road if necessary.  If liposuction was performed there with the breast reduction, that could account for increased swelling as well.  Related to drains, I perform over 100 breast reduction procedures a year and never place a drain.  I think that it is a matter of preference.  I would give your results more time to settle out.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

There really should not be a significant swelling at this point. I can not tell you anymore without an exam. Follow up with your PS

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast Reduction and Fluid Buildup at 4 Months

+1

The fluid buildup may have caused a chronic cavity or may have prolonged your swelling.  Hard to say without an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast change after reduction

+1

The breasts will still change with time that is for sure. As for your specific situation it is difficult to say without an exam.

Breast Shape after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure;  generally speaking, this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Although, without direct examination or viewing pictures, it is difficult to advise you precisely, it is safe to say that your breasts will continue to change (hopefully for the better)  during the first year after the breast reduction procedure.

Hopefully, once the breasts have achieved a “stable state” you will be very pleased with the results ( regardless of the specific cup size is achieved).  Otherwise, if there are areas of concern in regards to breast shape or scars, best to address these with your plastic surgeon who may be able to improve upon the situation with revisionary surgery.