Why Do my Breast Look Saggy and Abnormal After Benelli Lift W/ Augmentation? (photo)

Five and a half weeks ago I had a benelli lift with augmentation. My PS said my breast didnt look different sizes pr-op (neither did I) so I went with 500cc silicone on both breast but now the right one looks and feels bigger. I had slightly tubular breast with some sagging. It also looks like I need another lift! They still look saggy. One other thing is the nipples arent completely healed. Is that normal?

Breast Augmentation and Benelli Lift

+2

The larger implants take longer to drop and this may continue to change the shape of the breasts, elevating the nipple areolar complex at the same time. 

Benelli lift and implants

+2

Yes, your breasts do look like  they are bit saggy. You probably would have benefited from a more formal breast lift like a vertical.

Benelli sag?

+2

Thanks for your post. The Benelli breast lift creates the least amount of breast lift and, more than anything, tends to really only lift the areola. Circumareolar incisions are very attractive to patients because one can avoid a vertical incision on the breast. However, they should be use judiciously because lacking a power lift effect can lead to less than ideal results. Consider getting a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon about a vertical or anchor pattern breast lift. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Look Saggy and Abnormal After Benelli Lift

+2

Without looking at preop photos, I would not comment on whether this peri-areolar lift was the best choice at the time. From the looks of this post-op photo it seems that you will need to consider having a full breast lift after all the healing is done and the implants have settled--at least three months from surgery. Implants look well positioned, and any size difference is not obvious to me on this photo. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon. Thanks for the question, best wishes. 

Benelli mastopexy outcomes are difficult to predict

+2

and your results are not that unusual for the technique you had undergone.  Tubular breasts add another dimension and obstacle to achieving an excellent result.  I would assume you are better then where you started from and though the desire for perfection is certainly understandable, it is a very elusive goal.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon as it is quite early in your recovery and changes will still occur.  I hope your surgeon has a known revision policy as you are likely looking at one to achieve the results you seek.

Curtis Wong, MD

Droopy breast after augmentation

+2

Hello.

Thank you for sharing you photo along with your post.

The Benelli mastopexy is best with breasts or a relatively small size. It is natural that the larger the breast implants, the more downward pull will take place by the simple effect of gravity.

In your case, the 500cc implants did push their way downward causing the droopy look as well as delaying the healing of your circumareolar scars.

At this point, it is best to be a little patient allowing your body to recover before considering a full mastopexy to be able to achieve the "perky" breasts you seem to desire.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Still Sagging after Benelli Lift

+2

The Benelli or periareolar lift does not work as well for more droopy breasts.  The formal anchor-type mastopexy may be needed in your case.  Also, tubular breasts may need additional treatments like scoring the breast tissue in a radial fashion to release constriction.  I'd like to see your preop photos. Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Why Do my Breast Look Saggy and Abnormal After Benelli Lift W/ Augmentation?

+2

Sorry to say you most likely had the wrong choice of operation/ wrong sizing of implants/ poorly done surgery or a combination of those issues. Again sorry. 

Benelli Shotgun or Breast Lift

+2

The Benelli breast lift is a minimalist operation for breast ptosis (droopiness). The Benelli Super Black Eagle is a fine shotgun, which can fire shells as large as 3.5 inch.

In large breasts, particularly with heavy implants, the Benelli mastopexy is often insufficient. Furthermore, there is a tendency for the periareolar scars and the areolas themselves to stretch out (as in your case). This defeats the purpose of the operation.

You need a formal, full mastopexy, and this can still be performed.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

You needed a full lift

+2

The result you have shows that you needed a full lift from the start as a Benelli is very limited in the lift it can give and when it is over extended, the breasts look flat and baggy at the bottom and the nipples aren't as high as you need.  Let it heal a little longer and consider getting a full lift done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS