My Breast Reduction Made Me Too Small, Hematoma Split Breast Open and It Healed Cleft and Ugly Scars?

Had reduction to match reconstructed breast. Hematoma split breast wide open and it has healed poorly, leaving me with a "cleft" breast, bad scarring and now breast is far too small. I am a C/D on the reconstructed one and a meagre B on the reduced one. What can be done for me, after the heal up? It's horrible and I do not fit into the C cup bra my PS promised I would. I am a B (barely) and a C/D. Other than sports bras and a prosthesis, can I do anything about this? I am utterly devastated

Revisionary Breast Reduction Surgery Options?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. It certainly sounds like you have been through a lot, including breast reconstruction surgery and complications on the contralateral breast reduction procedure.

You should have peace of mind, that (generally speaking) revisionary surgery often is quite helpful in improving the situation for  patients who have experienced similar complications.  Breast augmentation along with rearrangement of breast tissue/skin may be necessary to improve the breast symmetry. 

I would suggest that you wait at least 6 months before evaluating the end results of surgery and plan additional surgery.

Breast reduction can be reversed.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you have had a bunch of complications.  I would wait four months and then revise the breast reduction and put in a small breast implant.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asymmetry issues following breast reconstruction and reduction for equalization

+1

It is unfortunate that you had several problems following your reduction surgery.  After you have heal and the tissue has softened up then you could consider a revision of the scar and possibly a small breast augmentation on that side for equalization.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction size issues

+1
I am sorry to hear about your problem. It would be beneficial to see a photo. The options would include a small implant, scar revision or bilateral implants for symmetry. A hematoma, in and of itself, would not result in the reduced breast being smaller than the contralateral side.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Problems after Breast Reduction

+1

This is likely to be improved after everything is healed. A small implant may be needed on the smaller side.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

Sorry to hear you’re very unhappy. Once you are completely healed you can get a modest implant to make you even.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS