Do I Have to Have my Breast Reduced? I Just Want a Mastoplexy. If So, How Much Cup Will I Lose? (photo)

I Want to Keep my Hourglass. I want a breast uplift as for my age my breast are voluptuous but they droop. I'm 32GG and the surgeon told me I'd have to get my breasts reduced. I can understand why but I love my curvy shape. I was wondering if there is an alternative procedure to this? Or if there isn't one, I don't mind losing THAT much but I'd like to know what cup size I'd be. I wouldn't mind being a 32DD, I still want big breasts to balance me. I'm also 30" waist and 46 hips~ Thanks for the help!

No reduction

+1

Hi Gemcateyes,

If you want to keep your present size and, understandably, want to be higher, then you would require lifting your breasts, reducing a significant amount of your breast tissue, and replacing the volume lost with an implant.  Replacing your breast tissue with the placement of a submuscular implant should be able to maintain your volume at a stable higher position.  The use of ADM (Avascular Dermal Matrix) grafts may be considered for additional support of the implants.

Good Luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Do I Have to Have my Breast Reduced? I Just Want a Mastopexy. If So, How Much Cup Will I Lose?

+1

I think that you can have a breast lift by itself or a reduction as long as you realize that very large breasts tend to droop faster than smaller ones.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Do I Have to Have my Breast Reduced? I Just Want a Mastoplexy. If So, How Much Cup Will I Lose?

+1

Best to see a few boarded Pss in person because you MUST understand the scar risks you might be taking to lift your breasts. 

Breast lift alone when breasts are very large will give you sagging again soon.

+1

Hi.

It can certainly be done with no loss of size, but I don't recommend it.  Yo will not get long lasting result.  Best to do small reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Do I Have to Have my Breast Reduced?

+1

It certainly is possible to do a lift with minimal loss of tissue (about a tablespoon or two of volume from each). That will reposition your nipples and areolas in a higher position, and reposition the sagging skin. 

But at your current size, you will likely have an early recurrence. A modest reduction in size would likely diminish the chances of needed another lift in the near future. 

Breast reduction vs lift

+1

hi,

thanks for the post and the question. The pics show you have large breast with ptosis. Patients who have this benefit from a reduction. If you went with just a lift, you would most likely have recurrent sagging or ptosis as the weight of the breasts is too much for the skin to hold. gravity will continue to pull you down. 

You don't need to drop to a C cup, but something in the full D or even a DD would be beneficial to lighten the weight of your breasts and help keep your lifted shape longer. 
Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon