Why is my Breast Red After Implant? (photo)

I had breast augmentation two months ago two days ago I noticed the lower bottom of my breast was red. Should I be concerned that I have an infection?

This redness looks concerning

+1

While the lower part of the breast can sometimes become red due to vascular changes in the skin, this redness looks very discrete, closely associated with the wound, and to me (and others on this forum) it doesn't look good.  You should call your surgeon today - in fact, don't read any more of this, and go call him NOW!

Why is my Breast Red After Implant?

+1

Until proven otherwise you have an infected breast or infected implant that needs immediate attention!!! What is the receipt showing??? 

Redness after breast augmentation

+1

Hi - I would recommend that you call your plastic surgeon to be seen as soon as possible. This has the appearance of a potential infection, and only a direct exam by your doctor will tell if you need antibiotics. Best of luck with your healing. 

Tracy Kadkhodayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Why is my Breast Red After Implant

+1

This could be a sign of infection, and a call into your surgeon be seen ASAP is all I can suggest. All the best. 

Redness two days after

+1

Very early in the postop period, therefore redness may be from the surgical inflammation vs infection.  Nonetheless, ensure you take abx during this healing period for at least a week.  F/U with your PS regarding this. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Redness 2 days after breast augmentation

+1
In the acute period following breast augmentation, any redness should be a cause for concern, especially if the opposite side is "normal." I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to address your concern face to face. Better to safe than sorry. Thank you for sharing your photo and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD