Will my Breast Look More Round As Time Goes By? (photo)

i got BA 2 1/2 weeks ago, i got a hematoma on my left breast and had a second surgery 3 days after my original one. I feel great now but now I'm afraid I'm going to have square boobs, my left seems to be healing a lot faster than my right is that normal? i was a 34B before and i received 550ccs HP Saline unders. will the implant take longer to drop because its a large implant? will i eventually have round breast? PLEASE HELP I AM FREAKING OUT :( this journey hasn't been an easy one for me. thanks

Implant position and shape

+2

Your implants are riding high, and appear to be exceedingly large for your frame.  Give them some time and be patient - you have been through a lot recently.  If they have not settled out in a few months, make sure to see your surgeon and you can come up with a plan that makes you happy then.

High breast implants

+2

Thank you for the question.  You are still very early out from surgery so it is normal for your implants to still be higher on the chest.  Some of this is also swelling especially since you had to have a second surgery.  I always tell my patients that their implants are in their final position at 3 months post op, so you can expect improvement over the next couple of months.  I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Will my Breast Look More Round As Time Goes By?

+2

Your implants are riding high, and this is quite common after placing large under the muscle implants. As your chest muscles relax and accommodate to the implants, you can expect that the implants will "drop" and fill in the lower part of the breast, and will not bulge out the top.This usually takes up to three months. 

Patience.

Thanks for the question and best wishes.

+1

Sorry for the post operative complications. You are still very early after TWO operations so your healing will take time, like 4 to 6 months. Please be patient. I recommend massages and external ultrasound therapy. 

Upper pole fullness after augmentation

+1
Certainly, if you had a complication on one side, that side will take longer to heal. You need to have patience; particularly with large implants, it will take a minimum of 3-6 months for things to settle down. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Upper pole fullness

+1

You need to give yourself more time for the swelling to go down and your lower breast skin to stretch.  Wearing a stabilizer band will help push down on the implants.  If you have smooth shell implants, breast implant displacement exercises will also speed the relaxation of your skin.  This will likely take several months.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Riding High

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you experienced after your breast augmentation procedure.

You are still very early in your recovery and it is very common for the breast implants to "ride high".  This may be especially true for larger breast implants. It may take 3-6 months (sometimes longer) for the breast implants to settle into their "pockets" and give you a more "rounded" look.

I ask my patients to wear a surgical bra with a bandeau on top as well as perform downward exercises to assist with the settling of the implants. Speak with your surgeon to see what he/she recommends.

Hello

+1

Thank you for the pictures, the implants are riding high you should be wearing a breast band stabilizer to help the implants drop into position. It takes a few weeks to month for everything to fall into its place. Sorry to hear you had complications. Give your body time to heal and you should see your PS to see what you can do to help implants drop into the pocket.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast implants should look good right after surgery.

+1

Hi.

I am sorry that I have a pessimistic opinion.  Of course I could be wrong, and you should just wait for several months.  But I don't think your breasts - specially your right one - will look good on their own, and I am afraid you will need a revision  I don't believe in breasts "dropping".

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)