Will my Breast Look More Natural over Time? (photo)

I am currently 8 weeks post op with 350 cc under muscle, silicone. I am wondering if they will 'drop and fluff' anymore? Thank You for your answers. So far I am not too happy with the outcome

Dropping Breast Implants

+2

From your photos, it does appear that your breasts are on track for an 8 week course. However, it does seem that you were limited in the inner/lower aspect of your breasts where the pectoralis/chest muscle is still flattening the round curve of the breast. This is consistent on both sides. This may need a secondary release if it bothers you to help improve and reshape the breast. Stay in touch with your surgeon to watch as this progresses over time. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Thumbprinting of the inside of your breast will require another operation.

+2

Your breast implant on the bottom near the sternum is being compressed by inadequately released pectoralis muscle.  Plastic surgeons refer to this as "thumbprinting".  The muscle will need to be released to solve the problem.

2 Months After Breast Implants

+1

Hi,

At 2 months post-op, your are still in the process of recovery and your final results are not established yet. It will take around 6 months so final results could be reached.

Nonetheless, I would recommend a little more patience to see if the implants will settle correctly. If not, another surgery may be necessary to release the pectoralis muscle.

It is important that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Look More Natural over Time

+1

You seem to be on track for eight weeks, and your issue may correct itself on its own. If it is does not release on its own, the issue can be corrected by a secondary surgery to release and round out the bottom of the breasts.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Implants after surgery

+1

The overall shape of your breasts looks about right for 2 months after surgery.  It looks like the inside of both breasts is tight, which is usually caused by too little release when the pocket for the implant is created.  If this doesn't resolve on its own, a secondary surgery to release and "round out" the bottom of the breast can correct it.

Make sure you are communicating your concerns to your surgeon, and the two of you can follow your recovery and take appropriate measures in the future.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS