My Breast List and Augmentation Looks Horrible. What Can I Do? (photo)

My Breast List and Augmentation Looks Horrible..what Can I Do or Redo?? Please Help!

Breasts in need of expert help!

+2

I feel for you because this is obviously not what you had hoped for.  Regardless of what you and your surgeon discussed beforehand or what you looked like pre-operatively, this is not a good result. Unfortunately, the only way to correct this would be more surgery.  Time will heal the open wounds, but not fix the other major issues.  I would recommend you consult with other plastic surgeon that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Beware of lesser qualified "cosmetic surgeons" who did not complete a plastic surgery residency training program, but rather took some sort of "course" in cosmetic surgery at a medical meeting.   When you go to the consult, have a copy of your pre-operative photos and a copy of the operative note from your previous surgery.  This will be very helpful information to guide your next procedure.  Look for a surgeon you feel comfortable with not only in terms of his mannerisms, but in his credentials and skill level.  Carefully look at his before and after photos. Please do not shop around for the lowest priced provider.  You have a difficult situation that needs expert care.  Expert care tends to be more expensive.  Don't rush into a revision surgery until you are truly comfortable with the surgeon and the procedure he or she is proposing.  I hope all goes well and you get the "look" and result you were hoping for.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast surgery?

+1
Wait a few months for your breasts to heal completely and then discuss your options with your surgeon.  I would remove your implants and perform a breast lift to improve your appearance.  

David Stoker, MD

Wound Break Down and Residual Sag Following Your Procedure

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to undergo simultaneous breast lift and breast augmentation. When these procedures are performed together results are usually excellent. Unfortunately, in some cases when larger implants are used, wound separation can occur. When this happens, scarring can adversely impact the aesthetic result of this procedure.

Your post-operative pictures suggest several problems including areas of wound breakdown and residual breast sag. Both of these problems will require revisional surgery, but complete wound healing will be necessary before proceeding with surgical correction. In most cases, this will require approximately 4 to 6 months of conservative management.

Once wound healing is complete, surgical revision can be undertaken. Several areas of concern will need to be addressed. These include residual breast sag, scarring and breast volume.

In light of your current problems with wound healing and recurrent breast sag, breast augmentation may not be an appropriate option for you. In this situation, revision of your breast lift with removal of your breast implants will address both your recurrent sag and scarring. It will also minimize the potential for future complications.

It’s important to discuss these issues with your plastic surgeon before proceeding with revisional surgery. If you’re not comfortable after this discussion a second opinion is appropriate. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

+1

Your photographs show large breasts, marked hanging and separation of the nipples after lollipop lift.  You would be much better off with a breast reduction or repeat lift.  This can be done, despite the fact that you have already had an operation.  Certainly, you need your breasts higher on the chest wall and upper pole fullness.  Perkiness can be achieved with a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  The advantage of this technique is that there are NO vertical scars and the incisions are hidden in the shadow of the breasts.  The breast weight is transferred to the underlying muscles.  Once the skin has closed in the raw areas you may undergo a revision.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

It looks like you had surgery fairly recently and unfortunately had some secondary healing.  I suggest you let things heal and settle down and then consider a scar revision or procedure revision.  Good luck.

Horrible result after breast lift and augmentation

+1

No one wants an unpleasant surprise after a breast lift and all surgery takes good communication and planning. Your photo shows a result that is very large, perhaps a G-cup, and if this was not your goal things have gone quite wrong in your eyes. Perhaps you really did not want or need the augmentation. Time to make your wishes known to your surgeon.

Horrible outcome after breast lift-augmentation

+1

Thank you for the photos. I'm not sure how large you were prior to your augmentation, but now you are huge. Maybe you and your surgeon decided on the wrong operation for you. In your case it would've been better to stage your procedure. First do a breast lift and about 6 months later procede with an augmentation if you still wanted to be larger. Unfortunately, it seems that you are bottom heavy (without seeing your preop photo, I assume you were saggy off the chest).At this point, you need to wait to heal and then discuss with your plastic surgeon the way to revise your surgery or seek a second opinion. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift/Augmentation Problems

+1

At this point, I would let everything heal for 4 to 6 months before considering any surgery to improve your shape.  The separation of your incision should heal within a few weeks.  You will probably need to revise the mastopexy to improve the shape.  It is difficult to determine why an implant was used in you as you seem to have a lot of your own breast tissue.  I would recommend that you discuss with your surgeon and get other opinions from board-certified plastic surgeons before having another surgery.

Donald Griffin, MD

My Breast List and Augmentation Looks Horrible. What Can I Do?

+1

Based upon the posted photo are you sure you had ONLY a lift vs a reduction And why would you place an implant. Posting before photos would really help determine exactly what was done. It appears as a poorly done reduction but it may depend on the size before the operation. If you were gigantic in size than this could be interpreted as an acceptable result. Need you input. 

What was the plan here???

+1

I can't really imagine why the plan for you wasn't a breast reduction and lift rather than a breast augmentation and lift.  Folks like you can never seem to achieve the upper pole fullness they want because their bodies lack the tightness and elasticity to hold the implants up there.  They just sag down and look matronly.  The implants also stretch you and this challenges the lift tightening as you can see from the incisions of yours that fell apart.  You need to heal and reassess the whole plan here.  Also it would be ideal to lose some weight before doing anything else.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS