My Breast Lift Was 2 Years Ago. When Can I Do a Revision?

I'm not happy with my breast lift that was 2 years ago. When can I have a new surgery?

Lift revision

+1

2 years is certainly long enough to allow a patient to undergo a revision.  The question is what type of revision? You can use the same approach or a different approach if you are dissatisfied with the current results.  Often lifts using vertical incisions have mechanical failure with widening of the scars.  I recommend a revision without the vertical incisions.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery timing.

+1

After two years from a breast lift, you can certainly undergo a revision at this time. The changes associated with the original operation have concluded and revisions can be performed with a high degree of predictability.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

New breast lift

+1

You can have it doen anytime.Many times there is so much loose skin that a revision or redo in short order is necesssary.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1

Unless there is an emergency, nine months to a year is generally the recommendation prior to doing a revision. Therefore, two years is sufficient time to allow before considering a revision.  Good luck.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast lift revision

+1

At two years out since your breast lift, you can be evaluated for a revision if you are unhappy with your results.  Good luck.

How soon after breast surgery a revision can be done?

+1

Unless the revision is of an emergency due to an infection as an example I tell my patients a revision should be done at about 6 months to 1 year after the original surgery.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Revision after breast lift 2 years ago.

+1

Your breasts are completely healed and all scar tissue matured and softened at this point in time, so revision is possible any time you and your chosen plastic surgeon agree to proceed. If you have specific areas of concern, be sure to identify these with any consultants so they can be fully examined and addressed. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Timing of breast lift revision

+1

You should be able to have your revision any time you are ready if your first surgery was two years ago.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Timing of Breast Lift Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Assuming you have a breast lift result that can be improved upon surgically  and that you are medically/psychologically stable to proceed with surgery,  you should be able to undergo revision breast surgery at any time.