Does My Breast Lift Incision Look Normal? (photo)

I recently had a breast lift. I am currently 10 day post op and my doctor told me I can now take the steri strips off and begin using a triple antibiotic followed by scar gel. Needless to say, It was not easy seeing the incision and I worry that it was too early to take the steri strips off. I don't want to run the risk of the incision reopening or increasing the scarring. I want to minimize scarring as much as I possibly can. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Looks great

+1

Hello. Your incisions look normal for ten days post op. With time Your tissues will stretch and the pleating will subside. Everything looks really good.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast lift incision at 10 days

+1

Your incision appears normal for 10 days post op and looks to be healing well.  Good luck with recovery.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Does this periareolar mastopexy scar look normal after 10 days?

+1

Your incision looks normal. The pleating will subside over time. I usually leave the steri strips on as long as they want to stay for additional support, but also because I don't want the patient to see the scar too early before the pleading goes away.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Incision appearance at 10 days with very early healing.

+1

Greetings,

At 10 days, your incision from the donut mastopexy appears to be healing normally. The pleating from the closure should improve with time as the tissue stretches and the swelling resolves...

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Incision

+1

It seems to look like it is healing appropriately and normal pleating. Check back with your plastic surgeon. 

Michael Hueneke, MD

Appearance of incision after breast lift

+1

Thank you for the question and photo!  At 10 days postoperative, it is quite early as you have some swelling and healing still underway.  It typically takes up to 3 months for the swelling to subside as well as up to a year for final scarring to take place.

The appearance of your incision after this periareolar breast lift does appear appropriate for this time.  There are no visible signs of infection on your photo and the bunching/pleating is normal at this point.  These will improve over time and hope that you will be very pleased with your result afterwards.  Certainly an evaluation and examination by your surgeon to ensure proper healing and entertain other measures to improve scarring is warranted.  Best of luck!  I hope that these answers help!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast lift

+1

Your incision looks like I would expect it to look like at this point. It looks like you had a "doughnut" mastopexy,which is not one I prefer, but it will smooth out with time.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Areolar Incision after Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

The appearance of the incision line does seem to be appropriate for the time period after the procedure. This appearance ( with skin gathering and pleating) can be alarming to patients;  these areas tend to smoothen out over the course of the next few months.

Worried about Incision Opening after Breast Lift

+1

The incision looks age appropriate and should heal without adverse event.  Sutures and not the steristrips should provide the necessary support during healing.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Incision After Breast lift

+1

Your incision looks fine and normal for 10 days post op. The gathers in the skin will settle down over time. As the healing continues the scars will fade and become less noticeable.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD