Will my Breast Look Larger After Everything Has Settled?

I had implant revision and lift 2 days ago. I had 465 cc HP saline and very saggy breasts. I wore a 32 DDD bra before. They were replaced with 250 cc silicon implants and breast lift. I was told I would be a large c or small D. Right now with all the swelling. They look extremely small!! They look so flat and they look like a full B . I'm so upset . Is there any chance they would settle and get a little bigger?

Implants tend to look smaller after the first few weeks

+4

In my experience, implants tend to look larger right after surgery because they are "high" and swollen. As teh swelling goes down and the implants drop into position, they tend to look smaller. This is why pre-op sizing is so important. I personally spend a very long time with my patients before surgery helping them choose the right implant size. Without seeing pictures, I cannot give your more detailed response, but I suspect that if you already think they are too small, then you are probably going to be disappointed with the size because they will not magically get bigger and more likely will appear slightly smaller as time goes on. Sorry.

Breast Appearance

+2

Sorry to hear about your displeasure with the sizing. You chose your surgeon for a reason, and you should continue to trust in him/her. The final appearance and positioning will take time, and will change as you heal. Sometimes, breast implants will settle and appear larger. Remain patient for months to allow for the final results of the surgery to occur. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Dissatisfied with Results of Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+2

Unfortunately, without direct examination it is not possible to give you precise advice or reassurance. Sometimes, as breast implants “settle”,  the breast appearance does seem larger (some patients referred to this phenomena as “drop and fluff”).

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon and continued patience given that you're only a few days out of your operation. It will take several months before you see the final results of surgery.

Brest revision and implants

+1

You dropped more than 200 cc's in implant size certainly you would be smaller.    If you are unhappy a revision may be necessary.