My Breast Would Looks Infected? (photo)

I have contacted surgeon sent him pics, he said antibiotic ointment and gauze this is keeping it gooy.... It's looking worse... I'm very scared I will have this deformed looking right breast:( I save for three years for this!:(

Open wounds after mastopexy are seldom infected.

+1

There are sizable wounds after your breast lift. There's no signs of infection but this does call for vigorous wound care to allow for proper healing.

Breast dehiscence and wound care

+1

I think that it is important to follow your surgeon's instructions and follow closely. Usually this goes on to heal on its own. If the scar is not favorable, then when things have settled down it can often be revised.

You will be fine

+1

You have wound separation and local wound care will take care of it. You may need to have scar revision. You will be fine and I do not see any sign of infection. Please continue to see your surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Complication after breast lift

+1

I am sorry you are having trouble. It is not clear you have an actual infection, but you clearly have some wound separation. This is unfortunately the most common complication after a breast lift of a breast reduction. 

This will; get better and heal!  It is going to take some time.  I would recommend getting your surgeon to look at it in person to see if antibiotics are appropriate. 

#breastlift

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

My Breast Would Looks Infected?

+1

If this is looking worse, it is really best to be seen by your surgeon. 

This will get resolved, and chances are you won't be able to tell which breast had the problem once all is healed. Best wishes.