Are my breast able to have implants without a lift ? What kind of profile should I choose? (photo)

I don't want a lift but 2 doctors recommended that I should have the doughnut lift or the outcome would be unpleasant. Are my best able to have an implant without a doughnut lift ? If so what profile should I choose. The reason why I don't want a lift is because I'm planning on having more children and want to breastfeed without any complications. Thank you very much.

Desire to breast feed still

+2
My suggestion would be for you to have your children so you can then focus on what is 'best' for your breasts.  A lift of some kind will be needed to provide the best result and it may have to be tailored at the time of surgery depending on what size implants you select.  Can you wait a few more years???

Are my breast able to have implants without a lift ? What kind of profile should I choose?

+1
Based on your photo, I would recommend a vertical/lollipop lift with silicone gel implants under the muscle for the most optimal results.  I prefer high profile but you and your surgeon should make that final decision together.  I understand not wanting a lift because you want to have more children so if you can't wait until you are done having kids, you can do an augmentation alone and have your lift after you are done.  You may also want to consider an augmentation with a donut lift in an attempt to get your areolas to a more central location on your breast mound.  Keep in mind that you may not be satisfied with the aesthetic results as you will most likely still have your own breast tissue hanging off of your implant because you really do need a vertical lift.  Waiting would be the best but if you just can't wait and really want more volume now, you can do the augmentation alone knowing you will need a lift later.  Definitely talk with your surgeon more about what your results will look like so you can have realistic expectations and look at lots of photos.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
Many women refuse breast lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed. For this reason, a new technique was developed called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I don't think that augmentation alone would benefit your body, I do agree that a breast lift will be needed.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
I agree that you need a lift but would prefer the lollipop lift.  The donut lift will not lift you enough.  Implants alone simply will not look right. Your other option if to wait until after you are finished having children before considering breast surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Do I need a lift?

+1
Based on your photo, I would recommend a lifting procedure for you.  You could do a breast augmentation now and the lift later, when your family is complete, but most women find they want to do it as one procedure.  As you know, your breast size will fluctuate with breastfeeding and this could result in needing revisions to your surgery.  I would recommend that you wait until you have completed your family and been done nursing a baby for 6 months to allow your breasts to return to normal.  Best of luck to you and your family.

Steven Heaney, MD
Erie Plastic Surgeon

Implants with a lift

+1
You definitely need a lift. Not just a "donut" (circumareolar) but a "lollipop" (circumvertical). However, I would recommend that you complete your family before embarking on any breast surgery.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy

+1
You need a vertical mastopexy with an implant. There is no question. I do a very high volume of breast surgery and I can tell you that attempting to fix the problems caused doing the wrong surgery is much more difficult and will never give as good of a result as doing the correct surgery the first time around.

Good luck

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with or without a lift

+1
Hello c13965-
If you are definitely planning on having more children in the next 1-2 years, then I would wait on any breast cosmetic surgery until after your last child. If having more children is unlikely, then go ahead with your breast surgery with a lift.
A circumareolar (donut lift), in my opinion, should be reserved for patients with tighter lower breast poles (that don't need tightening) and nipple-areolar (N-A) complexes that are low. This does not appear to be you. If the N-A complex needs raising AND the lower breast poles/curve is low, then a fuller mastopexy is required and desired. The resulting vertical scar between the lower edge of the areola and the lower breast fold tends to heal very well and therefore do not fear it. The donut lift scars tend not to heal optimally. 
If you have the surgery and then happen to get pregnant, it is not a forgone conclusion that further surgery would be needed. 
Good luck.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS

Implants without a breast lift?

+1
You will be disappointed and have a poor cosmetic result without a breast lift. If you are concerned about having that procedure now, I would suggest that you wait until you are finished having children and then decide if the appearance of your breasts concern you enough to have the most optimal procedures, a breast lift (mastopexy) and implant. Ifr you are ambivalent don't have the surgery, which is totally elective.

If and when you are ready, I would suggest rhat you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon