Are my Breast Implants Too Wide? (photo)

3 week PS and my breasts are finally starting to look better but I'm thinking they are too wide for my body. They are MP, mentor silicone, 375cc "look" filled to 425cc. I am 4'11, 115lbs, hourglass shaped body, 34A before surgery, 34D currently. I am very confused with the size. I feel like they are big but not in the right places. I want more volume up front. Not to the sides. I told my Dr. I wanted to be full and perky but without looking extremely fake. I still feel like I'm flat up front.

Concerns about Breast Appearance after Breast Augmentation…

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and allow for 3 to 6 months to pass before evaluating the end results of surgery. At this point in your recovery, it is very common for patients to feel that they are “too big”, “too small”, “too flat", “too wide”… Most patients end up very happy with the long-term results of surgery.

From the physical standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. Factors such as swelling,  tissue contraction,  skin redraping,  implant shifting etc. come into play.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period"  during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

Again, I would suggest continued patience and follow  up with your plastic surgeon.

It is early but you may have hinted at the answer to your question

+2

It is early in your healing phase to know for sure if your implants are "too wide" as additional changes will occur with more time and healing.  Your implants appear to be as wide as they can be at this point, meaning that any additional volume desired should be in more projection.  Your desire to have less width and more projection may indicate that you may desire an implant in the MP+ category which for the same volume has more projection and less width.  Give your body a chance to heal fully and reassess.  The good news is that changing the implants out for a different style (MP+/style 15) is an easy thing to accomplish and can be performed under local anesthesia if desired.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Are my Breast Implants Too Wide

+2

Three weeks is way to early to begin second guessing your decisions. These implants are high riding, and as they fall into position the fullness at the top will decrease, and the breast itself will fill out. On average, allow 3 months, but remember this is average, some take longer. These certainly don't look exceptionally wide to me. I would expect that your surgeon considered your breast width when considering the size of implants chosen for your surgery.l

Patience.

Follow up with your surgeon, exercise as instructed.

Thank you for your question and for the photo attached. Best wishes.

Projection concerns 3 weeks after BA

+2

Thank you for the picture.  Three weeks PS is still very early in the recovery process.  Over the next month or two the impants will round out more as the skin stretches.  Massage will also help speed up this process.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Are my Breast Implants Too Wide?

+1

Thanks for good posted photo. I have a few issues in that your before photos would help answer. But My guess is you had a deficient inferior pole distance thus a large/wide implant as the MP are gives this appearance. There is a chance the implant will drop in to the inferior area. But I have some doubts that will happen. I would have chosen the HP implant or even better the new silicone ultra high profile. Also you might have needed a donut lift. Best now to wait 3 months before determining if you need revision. Good luck. 

Post Augmentation Concerns

+1

Thank you for the picture. You are only 3 weeks post-op. This is very early in your recovery. Your soft tissue envelope is just starting to accommodate and there is still a significant amount of inflammation. These factors displace your implants and therefore they appear to be out of place, not look right and your breast will remain flat up front. In time, usually 3 to 6 months, the swelling will resolve, the soft tissues relax and accommodate allowing your implants to fall into their proper position. This is when you will start to notice your breasts will fill out and achieve the results you were searching for.

Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and remain patient as things should improve with time.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Concerned 3 weeks after surgery

+1

I understand your concern but it is too early to jump to conclusions. The implants should drop over the next month or so. You might be able to massage downward but check with your surgeon. Hang in there.

Ronald Schuster, MD