What can be done if my breast implants are/have settled differently? (photo)

PreOp was an A cup at best, I had a fantastic doctor, my results were great, given asymmetry and a sternum that was severely inverted, results gave me a 34D ish result. Beautiful results really. Breast Augmentation was done Dec. 2009. I have noticed recently though that my right breast pocket seems to be getting lower, quickly, and there is no crease under the breast like the left side. Mentor Silicone Gel Implants, L/R both 300 cc.SmthRndModPlus

Bottoming out

+1

Looks like you need a capsulorraphy on the right side. That being said, if it does not bother you then you do not need to do anything.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

How much does it bother you?

+1

If you're fine with your appearance in clothes and swimsuits, I would suggest you wait until other issues develop (and they will). If this is truly preventing you from living life as you like, then consider surgery to fix this... but do you like your right side or left side better? And if you're going to return to the OR, do you want to change the implants for different sizes? So lots of issues to think about and if you choose to elevate the lower side, realize that the recovery is very restricted in that I have my patients wear a cut out bra 24/7 (yes, in the showers too) for 6-8 weeks.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is this asymmetry normal since asymmetry was already pre existing?

+1

You are having a "bottoming out" of the right side. Only operative intervention will correct this issue. Return to your doc to address this.//

BBA

+1

You should see your PS. They need to examine you in person to determine of your have a contracture on the left, or if the right side is bottoming out. It would be unusual for the right side to bottom out this late after surgery, however.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast implant asymmetry

+1

I agree with the responses below. The most accurate way to determine what is happening so late after surgery would be to examine your photos soon after surgery and now. It is most likely a gradual capsular contracture on the other side making it seem as if the normal side is "bottoming out". Your surgeon should be best able to examine you and let you know what is happening. Capsular contracture can be easily addressed with a minor surgery. Good luck!

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Implant position issue

+1

It is always best to be examined in person. You may be experiencing a capsular contracture on the other breast or some bottoming out on the right. Preop photos woudl be helpful as well.

Possible capsular contracture

+1

You may be developing a capsular contracture on the LEFT side. Patients sometimes present to me with what they think is a deflated implant or 'bottoming out' happening but in actuality the other breast is rising due to scar tissue. I would certainly give your plastic surgeon and call and be seen to discuss your options. Best of luck.

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon