If I Get my Breast Implants Removed, Will the Pain Caused from Nerve Damage Go Away?

I have saline breast implants under the muscle. I think I have nerve damage in my Rt breast because I live in extreme discomfort/pain. If I get the implants removed will this possibly release any pressure that's being put on the nerve and therefor the pain will go away? I can't continue to live with this pain. If my implants are out, maybe then I could undergo nerve injection treatment? I was told it's not capsular contraction by several docs.

Pain after Breast Augmentation…

+4

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort/pain you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict with certainty whether the pain will “go away” after breast implants are removed.  It is possible, however that the breast implant is putting pressure on the specific nerve or, on the other hand, the nerve may be caught up in normal capsule tissue.

Based on a description of the severity of your symptoms, it sounds like you should seriously consider removal of the breast implants. Of course, precise advice would require direct examination/full consultation.

Nerve pain

+2

If the nerve pain is being caused by the size of the implants or the implant actually compressing the nerve the pain should be improved.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Pain after breast augmentation

+2

It is very difficult to pinpoint pain or dysesthesia issues in many cases.  Sometimes pain develops from capsular contractures.  Removing the implants may or may not help.