I Got my Breast Implants with a Cresent Lift One Year Ago and They Still Sag?

I got my breast impants 1 year ago with a crescent lift, I was a C cup and got 425 cc in saline and went to a D cup but im not happy because i do not see any fullness in my breast and my areola went from normal to extra large im really unhappy with the areola's size..can my surgeon still fix it for me.Will he charge me or can he still give me options of fixing it without any charge :) I actually went to see him and he told me that i probably needed a full lift to show fullness on top. im confusd

Revision plan

+1

A crescenteric lift is very limited in terms of the degree of lifiting it can achieve.  In addition, you have implants that are "weighing" your breasts down a bit.   You will likely need a full mastopexy to help lift your breasts up further.  Depending on your anatomy and skin quality, there may be a limitation of what can be achieved.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Crescent lift didn't work, and still want fullness on top!

+1

As you have found out the hard way, crescent lifts do not really lift much at all. (How much did your surgeon charge you for the "lift" part of your breast augmentation? Did he  use the superior periareolar incision for your augmentation or was there another different incision?)

Also, I'm confused as to why you and your surgeon now are considering a "full lift" to provide "fullness on top," and how 425cc only added one cup size, when most patients will report nearly 2 cup sizes enlargement with this volume. I can see why you are confused!

Obviously, you did have breast enlargement (425cc worth) and your areolas stretched because of your increased breast size as well as the tightening (however minimal) your crescent "lift" caused. Areola reduction can be achieved with a donut or Benelli periareolar lift, neither of which do much lifting either, but will decrease areola diameter. Not really recommended. Vertical or lollipop lifts can also decrease areola diameter and achieve some true breast lifting, but may leave you with a long scar in the inferior breast, possibly chest wall beneath your breasts, and with skin tightening in only one dimension (possibly requiring yet another surgical revision). Maybe not your best option either.

Or, a "full lift" (which usually means an anchor pattern or full Wise mastopexy breast lift is being considered) can be performed to both lift and tighten your skin brassiere as well as decrease areola diameter. This is a several-hour operation that your surgeon will not do for free (nor should he), but there may be some cost reduction based on your prior surgery and results (not) achieved. Perhaps you need different implants as well--more cost.

Costs for revisionary surgery should have been discussed PRIOR to your first operation so everyone understands the exact policy before situations like yours come up. Now your unhappiness may be artificially "enhanced" by your hoping for reduction of fees, whereas the only thing that may have been done "wrong" was to try to make less (scar, cost) do more (lifting, fullness on top). That could have been inappropriate promising on your surgeon's part, or perhaps unrealistic expectations on your part. Which predominates is impossible to speculate on now, as this was part of your initial consultation.

If you had an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon perform your initial surgery and trust his judgement, you will obtain the best "deal" and least cost for revisionary surgery from your own surgeon. If you had your operation by someone whom you no longer trust, you will have to pay full price for subsequent surgery, so you can decide whether or not to proceed with low(er) cost re-do surgery by your original surgeon, or full-price surgery by someone new.

I hope this helps clear a pretty murky situation; best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift and implants and still saggy

+1

If youa re still saggy froma crescent lift, which onl y lifts the areola, then you probably need more of a lift operation like a vertical( lollipop) or anchor incision.  Best to be seen for a consultation.

Crescent breast lift

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question with out pictures or proper examination, that said I rarely use the crescent lift because of its limited uses. You should express your concerns to your surgeon and may correct with a breast lift.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Sagging after Crescent Breast Lift?

+1

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

However, based on your description, I think you have experienced many of the limitations associated with the “crescent” breast lifting operation. This breast lifting operation provides for a very limited/localized breast lift.  Distortion/elongation of the areola  is a known risk/complication.  This operation may be over utilized given that patients  generally are seeking to avoid breast scars as much as possible.

In regards to “fullness on top”,  you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery to improve the breast implant pocket positioning ( capsulorraphy) and/or the use of larger/different breast implants.

Again, what is recommend this to you will depend on your physical examination and specific goals.