Are my Breast Implants Bottoming out Again? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation/lift performed in 2010 with Mentor Mod Plus 375cc implants. Three months later they bottomed out.In 2011, I had Mentor High Profile 300cc implants placed sub-muscular with "internal sutured bra" revision performed by the same surgeon. I noticed what I believed to be mal-positioning shortly after the surgery which I brought up to my surgeon and he said everything looked fine. I'm 5'3"/115lbs/36D bra. I do exercise, no pectoral exercises and wear a sport bra. HELP!

Bottoming out after a mastopexy with implants

+1

It does appear that your breasts have bottomed out again.  To correct this problem you may need a revision of the inferior portion of your mastopexy.  This is not an uncommon problem due to lack of good soft tissue support in the inferior segment.  

Breast Implants Bottoming Out

+1

Hello. Unfortunately, it appears that your implants have bottomed out again. This issue can be treated by the elevation of the inframammary fold and fat grafting. For a more precise treatment plan you need to be examined by your doctor.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Are my Breast Implants Bottoming out Again?

+1

The series of posted photos does not appear as re bottoming but only in person examination and seeing the before of the first and second operation could help us. 

Bottoming out post augment lift

+1
To start, people who need a lift, need a lift because of diminished elasticity of their skin. The fact that you have had a lift has not changed the quality of your skin, you just have removed some of the excess. Your implant should be centered on your nipple. That said if you have bottomed out it is slight at this time and if it progresses to. Point that you are unhappy, you may need to consider strattice as n option to create internal lower pole support.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants bottoming out

+1

Your photos do not show bottoming out, but you have probably lost upper breast fullness as your lower breast tissue relaxed during healing.  This is a function of your skin laxity (loss of elasticity), size of your breasts, and the type of lift your surgeon did.  Larger breasts mean heavier breasts and these cannot defy gravity.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out after Breast Augmentation

+1

I think you have a very good result after replacement of the implants.  Although you may notice a small amount of "bottoming-out", any further surgeries can increase the risk of developing capsular contracture.  Significant capsular contracture would be much more noticable than any problems with your current result. 

Jarrod Little, MD

Bottoming out versus breast tissue laxity

+1

It is difficult to tell without examination but one of the decisions that should be made is how do the breasts look to you and what would you like them to look like.  The true definition of a breast implant bottoming out involves relaxation of the infra-mammary fold (breast fold).  When this does not occur the implant can still droop down on the chest if the breast tissue relaxes too much as can be seen when the distance between the areola and the fold increases.  Both of these issues can be examined and determined and ultimately addressed.  It will be important to decide for yourself what you would like your breasts to look like and discuss with your plastic surgeon if this goal is achievable.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Recurrent bottoming out

+1

your photos do not suggest that you are bottoming out again.  However, it appears, as best as I can tell from your front view only photographs, that you may have some additional or lax breast tissue in the inferior pole (bottom of the breast) that could be tightened up with revision of the inframammary fold region of the breasts.  However, this could recur with time due to gravity and the quality of your skin envelope.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out of Breast Implants Again?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I'm assuming you have posted “before and after pictures";  the current pictures seem to demonstrate that your breast implants are in much improved position. This improved positioning makes the nipple/areola complexes also seem to be in a better position on the breast mounds. 

Although physical examination would be necessary to advise you precisely, I do not think that you are dealing with recurrent bottoming out.