My Breast Implant Incisions Are Leaking 6 Weeks After Surgery What Should I Do? (photo)

the first two pictures are of my left breast which has yellow stuff around it and is leaking yellow stuff. the last pic is of my right breast which seems to be doing okay. please advise me on what i should do. My Plastic surgeon is far away and i called him and he said that its normal but he is not able to see it so i dont know what to do. My incisions were fine three weeks after surgery but got worse the past 2 weeks, they dont seem to be drying. what should i do?

Please see your surgeon about possible infection

+1
It appears that you may have an infection. You should see your surgeon as soon as you can about this. If they are far away, please find another board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck. 

Implant problems

+1

From the looks of your pictures, I would recommend you see your surgeon as soon as you can.  It appears you may have a developing infection, and you want to get this treated early to avoid problems (including needing to remove the implant).

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Separation of incision after breast surgery

+1

It looks like you had a breast lift with the implants, and now you have a separation. This may go on to cause an implant infection and ultimately cause you to remove the implant.  You should see your surgeon ASAP.

Breast Lift With Implants Leaking Yellow Stuff - Go To The Emergency Room Now!

+1

Open wounds on a post operative breast lift with implants 6 weeks after surgery can normally be seen by your plastic surgeon.  However, since there has been no medical treatment and it has been leaking yellow stuff for 3 weeks means that you have a great chance of being infected already.  You need to be immediately put on antibiotics which will require a culture.  Since your plastic surgeon is not close by, you need to be seen by a medical specialists, either in an emergency department or an ambulatory medical facility.  The area at the bottom of your breast appears to have liquid material coming out.  This should be opened and packed with Iodoform gauze.  Your problem at this point is becoming less plastic surgical and more of a medical type of emergency.  Please seek medical treatment today!

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Incisions Leaking

+1

It appears that you had a breast lift along with placement of implants.  The incision has either separated or some the skin has died.  If this progresses you could ultimately lose your implants to infection.  You should get into your plastic surgeon or whoever covers for him/her to have this addressed as soon as possible.

Michael Sundine, MD

Open wounds after surgery

+1

You should get seen as soon as possible. Your wounds should be cultured to be sure that there is not any infection. You should be on good wound care which can only be explained after examination.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1

It appears as you had a lift with implants. The inverted T incision where the most tension is has slightly separated. Best to be seen in person for wound care. 

Wound healing issues

+1

It is difficult to completely evaluate you based on theses pictures alone but I would recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon sooner rather than later.  This could be an implant infection and that would possibly require removal of the implants.  

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Incisions leaking

+1

From your description and photos it looks like you have had some necrosis of the skin where your incisions come together.  This is not uncommon and generally heals with proper wound care.  If you had an implant placed, it can be more serious.  You should get advice from your surgeon on how to properly care for the wound.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Your description and pictures are concerning. I think you should be seen in person by a well experienced plastic surgeon in your area.  At the very least, seek consultation with your primary care physician who may be able to refer you to a local plastic surgeon quickly. It may be that your operating plastic surgeon can communicate with a colleague in your area to expedite this referral process. Regardless, in person consultation is necessary ASAP.  Worse case scenario is that you are experiencing an infection which can be potentially be very dangerous  (especially with an underlying breast implant in place).