My Breast Implant Incision is About an Inch Up from my Breast Crease and Therefore is Very Visible. Revision? (photo)

My surgeon has said that I will require another op. I'm currently 3 months post op and had 300cc unders from 32a. Surgeon has suggested that I have incision reopened and internal stitches in order to raise the crease more in line with the incision. Or I could have larger impants placed to make the nipple more of a central position rather than being too high on the implant as they are now, and more upper pole.Pls could you advise what option is best and why?

My Breast Implant Incision is About an Inch Up from my Breast Crease and Therefore is Very Visible. Revision?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. My response is why not wait to see the healing of this incision. Maybe it will be unseen. 

Low pocket?

+1

You didn't give much of a photo, but if the incision is rising on the breast and the implant is low, it may suggest that you might need a revision.

Pocket too low

+1

You need to decide if you want to be bigger (larger implant) as you will probably require a significantly larger size to give you the proper nipple position, but this will add the cost of a new implant.  If you are satisfied with the size, elevating the inframammary fold will be a better option as it will address the low pocket, high incision and upward pointing nipples at probably a lower cost.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like the pocket is too low

+1

The ideal location of the incision "at" the breast fold is a few millimeter higher than the breast fold so that when you raise your arms and your bikini top raises up a little the incision is still covered.  With that said, if the incision is too high up the lower half of the breast it is because of one of two reasons:  either the incision was made too high or the fold and implant is too low.  If your areola is too high up on your breast mound it sounds like your implant and fold is too low.  In this case you would need something called a capsullorhaphy which is repair or suturing of the lower breast pocket.  When this is done the breast fold and and the implant is raised up correcting both your high areola and your high incision.  Attached is a link of one of my patients before and after photos that underwent a capsullorhaphy.

Remus Repta, MD

+1

Obviously without seeing you as my patient I can only make a suggestion.   Placing a larger implant seems like the easier answer and would likely work if a higher profile implant is placed.  That would not correct the fact that your incision is higher on your breast, but it would likely get the nipple more centered on the implant.   Fixing the crease with sutures would be the only solution to placing the incision in your crease.  

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon