My Breast Implant Does Not Feel Right. Feels Lumpy and Deflated After 4 Years?

I got breast implants in 2008, my right breast looks and feels perfect but the left breast feels lumpy and it also feels as if it is not very full, it feels deflated. since the surgery i have not had any illnesses or any bad side affects my health is well and i do not feel any pain but I am very worried about it.

Changes to your breast implants overtime

+1

Changes to the look and feel of the breast should always prompt consultation with a doctor.  The causes of these changes can range from simple implant failure to more sinister health related concerns such as breast cancer.  In our practice, we never assume that a change is due to any cause without a thorough work-up.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Possible implant deflation

+1

Do you have saline or silicone implants?  If you are noticing a difference, you need to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.   

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Left Breast Implant Feels "Lumpy and Deflated"?

+1

If you are noticing a difference in your breasts after surgery, it will be in your best interest to see your surgeon so that he/she can do an examination and determine what is going on.

Implant deflated?

+1

If you feel that your implant has deflated, it is probably best to see a plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

Is implant deflated?

+1

If you had saline implants than I would guess that your implant has deflated. You should return to your Plastic surgeon who I would also guess would be very happy to help you. It is not an emergency and it is not harmful to you. No need to get frightened or upset.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Deflation

+1

I am going to guess that this is a saline implant, and that it has deflated. This would account for all the things you note in your inquiry--sensation of deflation, lack of fullness, lumpiness (implant edges?) and it is not surprising that you have no symptoms. 

A simple exam by your surgeon should resolve with certainty a diagnosis that we can only guess about. Saline deflations are not harmful, but only surgery to replace the implant will restore your appearance.