Do I Need to Take out my Breast Implant?

I had to remove a breast implant that collapsed on my right side. So both breasts were placed with new silicon implants. I felt sick right after surgery and 3 weeks later had to remove the right implant because there was a yellow fluid coming out and DR said the implant would come out if not removed. Almost 3 months later i had new surgery to replace that side, but at almost 3 weeks I start again with the fluid, with no other physical symtoms like before. So now Dr wants to remove both. Help!

Need implant removal

+1

WIthout having a more detailed history it is very difficult to comment. Yellow fluid?  infection?  Capsules removed before?  etc.. more info needed.

What is going on?

+1

What does your doctor tell you regarding the cause of your problems?  Yellow fluid from where?  Your surgeon needs to figure out the cause of your problems and then see if there is a solution but simply placing implants again after 3 months is not the answer.  Get a second opinion if your surgeon isn't forthright with you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Infected implant requires removal.

+1

It's hard to comment on your specific case but if you have an infection of the prosthesis is best removed.