Is my Breast Hematoma Being Treated Correctly? (photo)

I have several pictures of my breasts posted from my last question. I have undergone 2 surgeries within 2 months. After my 2nd surgery my breast was still hard and bruised. I had went to my plastic surgeon where he informed me it was a hematoma as I had expected. The first time, he drained out 55 cc's of blood. I came back 4 days later, and he drained out 30 ccs. I will be on vacation so he sent me with antibiotics incase it becomes infected. Was wondering if it is normal?

Bleeding After Breast Augmentation

+1

It appears that your surgeon has to this point treated your hematoma appropriately to this point.  You have a considerable amount of bruising which should resolve.  keeping your appointments with your PS is paramount.

Dr. ES

Is my Breast Hematoma Being Treated Correctly?

+1

I'm not sure I'm following the narrative quite correctly. It sounds like he had two operative procedures followed by drainage of hematomas. I'm not clear if these were done in the office in the operating room. in what I think is the most recent photo, I can't really see both breasts in a frontal position to see if they look even in volume.

Draining the hematomas is appropriate. I have no issue with sending you off with a prescription for antibiotics while you are away. 

Hard to define "normal"--hematomas occur in all types of surgery, and for breast implants the incidence is about 2%.

Continue to follow closely with your surgeon. All the best.

Postoperative hematoma after breast augmentation should be treated by thorough evacuation and establishment of complete hemostas

+1

Hematoma after breast augmentation occurs in about one in 50 cases or so. It is a correctable problem that requires a return to the operating room for thorough evacuation incomplete hemostasis. Drains might be used as determined by the plastic surgeon.