Will My Breast Even Out? Is It Too Early to See if I Need a Revision Done? (photo)

My breast are uneven after Breast augmentation. I went from 32B to 34D and they are uneven. One is high and the other is low with some indentation. I read that they can change from 3 months to a year. Does it look like I need a revision? Please Help Me. Thank You.

Results of Breast augmentation Take six Months to a Year

+2

Breast implants take a number of months to settle into their final position.  There are a variety of things that can be done to help the process along.  Implant massage, implant stabilization bands, and proper bra fitting can all adjust the implant position  in the early phase.  Let your surgeon know your worries to see if any modifications need to be incorporated into your recovery.  Most likely you are on your way to an excellent result.

Breast implant revision can correct shape as well as size.

+2

Hi.

I am afraid this will not improve on its own.  One breast needs a larger implant and it needs the fold under the breast lowered.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Asymmetry after augmentation

+2

does occur but usually they are managed easily with manipulation of your implants and massaging.  You should keep your surgeon in the loop with your concerns and if your surgeon suggests nothing be done, then get a second opinion.  Regardless, time and healing can improve symmetry so follow your surgeon's instructions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will Breasts Even Out

+2

Without seeing your "before" photos it's very difficult to discern if the asymmetry was there prior to surgery. I suspect it might be but it's only more noticeable to you after surgery. Breasts can change up to six months after surgery. Just keep in touch with your physician and should a revision be made, they will go over that with you.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

Asymmetry after breast augmentation is quite common and may be due to pre-existing breast asymmetry, post-op swelling, differences in breast implant pocket dissection and breast implant position. If you were fairly symmetric before surgery then the current asymmetry may improve with time and breast implant massage. Make your surgeon aware of your concerns so that he/she can follow your progress and decide if revision is advisable.

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Some breast asymmetry is normal.  It would be nice to see preop photos.  Your breasts still may undergo some changes and the right one may come down some more with time.

Revision will probably be necessary.

+1

There's not enough information to make a precise observation but I doubt that the right implant is going to descend to match the left. More than likely surgical revision will be necessary.

Post Augmentation asymmetry

+1

Pre-op photo's would help, but it is not unusual to have some unevenness after surgery an a great deal of it will resolve. The pre-op differences are usually less obvious .                                                                                                                                                Any revisions should wait until at least 3-4 months after surgery.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts after augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do have a noticeable asymmetry between the two breasts.  No one will be able to give you a definite answer to you question.  There are many factors that play into differences between the two breasts.  If the difference was there before surgery, then the difference will probably not correct itself.  If the differences were not there before and you are within a few weeks to 2 months after surgery, more time may be on your side.  If you are quite far out from surgery, then the differences will likely persist.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon and they can help guide you through this process.  

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Need more time for the breast to shape up

+1

Early asymmetry is very common.  Time, weight and gravity are on your side.  Over time the implant will stretch out the bottom pole of the implant.  Give it 3 months and then re-evaluate.