My Breast Are Not Even and my Nipples Are Not Centered. 6 Weeks Post Op? (photo)

I'm 6 weeks post op today. I had 325 cc smooth round silicone on my left breast and 375cc on my right. I wanted to know if my breast will change more with time. I heard that about 6 weeks is the final results.. my right is still higher than my left and they are not as big as I thought they would be. My nipples are not centered. I don't feel happy right now. How much longer until I should start worrying?

Implant Position

+2

Thank you for your photographs.  The breast at 6 weeks may have some swelling which will resolve and help the perceived uneven position.  In my experience silicone implants don't settle as much as saline implants.  Regardless, I place implants in the desired position at the time of surgery and do not leave the implant position fate base on "settling".

I would recommend implant exercises to help stretch out the lower breast skin to help the implants "settle".  Give it 3 months time.

Dr. ES

Breasts uneven at 6 Weeks post-op

+1

At 6 weeks it's still too early to worry or consider revisionary surgery.  Try to be patient and give it a couple more months for them to settle into place.  A before photo would be helpful to see about the asymmetry because if you were asymmetric before, you will still have some asymmetry after.  Follow up with your surgeon and let him/her know about your concerns but for now, give it a little more time. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Change after 6 weeks following breast augmentation

+1

Your breast implants still have time to settle and adjust.  I recommend discussing exercises that you can do to help as well as bras that can help.  Good luck.  I would not recommend revisional surgery until 6 months post op.  Good luck. 

Healing after an augmentation

+1

takes several months for your 'final' result.  You should be in contact with your surgeon for maneuvers that you can do to help you achieve the look you desire.  As for being even, the obvious question is were you even before surgery?  Its very common for women to have asymmetric breasts and implants will not change that.

Breasts 6 weeks after augmentation surgery

+1

At 6 weeks you are still a bit early. They will still change with time. Give it a few more months. Good luck.

Breasts are

+1

I suspect you had some pre-exisiting asymmetry pre-operatively, and your surgeon should have identified this, and discussed realistic expectations with you. You will see changes through about 3 months, and massage fine tunes the final result. Without standardized pre-op photos it;s tough to assess surgical versus pre-existing symmtery issues.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Early postop breast augmentation

+1

I believe it is still early for your final results.  Your implants look a bit constricted in the lower and lateral poles.  Start massage, especially in the downward direction and consider a bandeau or strap across the top.  Your results may improve significantly over the next few months. 

Web reference: http://www.thomassenplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breast And Nipples

+1

Your breast are still healing and changing.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as often as he recommends.  If a revision is needed, that will not be determined for several months.  Best wishes!

Uneven breasts and nipples...

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. I see those issues you have pointed out, but the overall result looks very nice. Not all asymmetry can be overcome and it looks like you have fairly good symmetry. At this point, there's no need to start worrying. You should give you tissue ample time to fully heal and if there's some dissatisfaction after 1 year since surgery then think about revision. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

My Breast Are Not Even and my Nipples Are Not Centered. 6 Weeks Post Op? (

+1

Lulu- thanks for your question and photo. It would be helpful to see photos from before surgery , and an after photo with both arms at your sides. Raising an arm will actually lift the breast and make any judgement on symmetry compromised. 

Saying all that, I will add that it takes up to 3 to 6 months for the implants to settle into place. This occurs as the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants, and each does so at its own pace. 

All the best.