Will my Breast Even Out?

I have mentor smooth round moderate profile saline implants 350cc in left 325cc in right the left is a lot more full lookin but they both have seemed to drop the same amount I am 3 weeks post op and so scared this is the outcome is there anyway the other one will even out

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Some degree of breast asymmetry,  related to differential breast implant “settling” and resolution of swelling, is very common after breast augmentation surgery. Often, we see the symmetry of the breasts improve over the course of the first several months after breast augmentation surgery. During this time  it is important that patients follow up with their plastic surgeons, who is in the best position to rule out complications (such as breast implant encapsulation)  that can cause breast asymmetry to persist/increase. 

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and see if he/she advises massage.   Hopefully, you'll be very pleased with results of surgery after the 3 to 6 month mark.

Asymmetry after augment

+1
Healing differences occur frequently between the breasts, assuming that they were even symmetrical to start with. You began with an asymmetry and it will take a while to ascertain whether the result has met the goals of surgery. The swelling needs to go down and the breasts have to settle more so I wouldn't rush to judgment. Your final results will be more obvious at three months than three weeks postop and, even then, additional healing will continue to occur.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Asymmetry after 3 weeks.

+1

Patience.

Three weeks is way to early to think this is a final outcome. Difference between right and left is so common this early that it is almost expected. Apparently there must have been some asymmetry before surgery as different amounts of saline were used in each side. 

Give yourself three months before expected these to look the same. No one, by the way, is perfectly symmetric. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

Will My Implants Even Out?

+1

Thanks for sharing your question.  There is still swelling at three weeks so it is hard to say what your final results will be at this point.  By eight weeks, the majority of the swelling should be gone.  It is certainly possible that you may notice more fullness in the left since this side was inflated by 25 cc more than the right.  Keep your follow-up appointments with your surgeon as your healing progresses, and best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon