Are my breast too droopy for a concentric breast lift? (photo)

I have had two pregnancies and weight loss. I have gone from a D cup to not even filling a A cup. I have very little breast tissue. I had teardrop shape breast before they became deflated. My breast were flat in the upper poles with most of the volume in the bottom. I don't know if it's possible, but I was hoping to achieve the same look I had before with an implant and minimal lift. Is this possible or do I have too much extra skin for a concentric breast lift?

Concentric lift or larger lift?

+2
It's difficult to determine without actually examining you and evaluating the elasticity of your tissues, including measurements of the distance from the nipples to the folds beneath your breasts, but you might be a candidate for a concentric lift in combination with implants. The concentric lift can be very effective for certain patients, especially if newer techniques with an interlocking pursestring suture are used as described by Dr. Hammond, which makes the lift last longer and minimizes stretching of the areola after surgery. I like to use the concentric lift if the nipple needs to be raised no more than about 2.5 cm or 1 inch. If it needs to be raised more than that, the lift can cause excessive distortion of the breasts and some tiny wrinkles around the areola. I also don't like to use the concentric lift if the breasts are large and heavy with thick tissues (unlike yours), instead preferring a stronger type of lift. Also, if the distance from the nipple and areola to the fold is too great, other options might be better. From your photos, it's a reasonable technique to at least consider. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and give you good advice. There are pros and cons to every procedure choice.

Are my breasts too droopy for a concentric breast lift?

+1
This may be the case, but an exam would be helpful in this case.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

New concentric lift technique

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. I never use the vertical scar techniques such as the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions because the scars are unacceptable.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentaiton and Mastopexy

+1
There are variety of breast lift (mastopexy) procedures that can be performed with breast augmentation.  Some of the techniques include periareolar, vertical or inverted T techniques.
It is recommended to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your individual situation and appropriate options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Concentric Mastopexy?

+1
Based solely on one picture, it appears you really need volume. A bilateral breast augmentation would produce fullness and roundness. Intra-operatively, the surgeon can put the patient in the sitting position and judge breast ptosis, the relationship of the nipple to the infra-mammary fold. My pure guess is that you would need more than a concentric mastopexy. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Are my breast too droopy for a concentric breast lift?

+1
Looking at the one picture you posted, it's seems you will need a breast lift. Sadly if you were to place implants without some sort of lift, you would end up with "a rock in a sock" look. Most definitely, that is not the look you are trying to achieve!  

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for your question. I believe that a concentric breast lift-augmentation is not appropriate for you. Your breasts sit on the ribs/abdo rather than on the upper chest - as it should be. You need a breast lift with incisions around the areola but also through the lower pole of the breast in a shape of an inverted T, J or something in between. In my experience all these scars heal very well if you are not a smoker, follow the prescriptions and attend the clinic regularly. Choose carefully your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Thank you for your picture.

In my opinion a breast lift will be ideal in your case, an implant placement will definitely be necessary in order to enhance your breast and make them fuller. I suggest  375-400 cc´s high profile.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a full lift

+1
Thanks for your inquiry and picture, but without an exam and view of your breasts from the side it is hard to know for sure.  From the picture you provided I think a full lift would do the most good.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

+1

Based on your photograph,  I think that you will do best with a “full” breast lift. A circumareolar breast lift is simply not powerful enough to treat the loose/low skin.

Most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.