Are my breast considered tubular syndrome?

Im 23 and im not sure if i have tubular breast deformity. I want to go for a consultation but i dont know if i will be covered by my insurance?

Insurance typically doesn't cover

+2

Yes, it appear from the photo that you included that you have constricted bases and enlarged, herniated nipples. These are two of the main characteristics of tuberous breasts. I recommend that you see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full  evaluation to have all of your questions answered.  Insurance does not typically cover something like this because it is for appearance.

Tubular breast or not?

+1

From your pictures, it does seem that you have at least some tubular aspects to your breasts.  This can be challenging for the surgeon and patient, alike.  Be sure that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with these cases.  And it's doubtful that insurance will cover the surgery.

Tubular breasts and insurance coverage

+1

From the pictures you provided, you do appear to have tubular breasts.  To find out your surgical options, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. It is unlikely that insurance will cover this type of procedure, but feel free to contact your provider to see if it is a covered benefit.

Tuberous breast deformity

+1

Thanks for the images of your breasts.  Yes, they have the classical appearance of tuberous breasts with a narrow base and relatively large areolas.  Unfortunately, corrective surgery for this condition is not covered by insurance.  You should see a plastic surgeon who has done a few of these to obtain a good results.  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.josephtogbamd.com

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

+1

25 responses WOW! Yes you have tuberous deformity. And NO health insurance does not cover these operations. 

Tuberous breasts?

+1

From your photograph, it appears that you have a tubular breast deformity that can be corrected usually with breast augmentation and a breast lift to make the nipple areola complex smaller. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to address your concerns.

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Based on your photo, you appear to have tuberous breasts.  Tuberous breasts would still fall under the category of cosmetic surgery. Therefore, would not be covered by insurance.  Naturally, you may check with your insurance provider but I can't think of a reason that would make it medically necessary to have surgery. 

Tuberous breast and financing

+1

Yes, from your photos you have tuberous shaped breasts (the base of the breast being constricted, while the skin around the areolas is loose, causing the nipples to be positioned at or below the fold under the breast).  This condition can be corrected with a periareolar breast lift along and breast augmentation along with possible scoring of the under surface of the breast gland.  Unfortunately, most insurance companies consider tuberous breasts to be a normal variant of breast developement and do not cover the cost of the surgery.  However, there are a number of companies which can help provide financing for this cosmetic surgery.  

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts

+1

Yes, you do have a tubular breast condition. This is not rare and is readily corrected by breast augmentaion and release of the constricted lower pole tissue. As others have indicated the surgery will not be covered by insurance.

You should be able to achieve a very nice result.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Constricted tuberous breasts

+1

A tuberous breast has a constricted skin envelope and prominent nipple, and your breast is asymmetric with a tuberous quality. Volume is lacking and you would benefit from an implant to expand the skin envelope, and a preiareolar lift and reduction on the larger side. Consultation is often covered by insurance, the surgery is harder to get through, though predetermination with them will sort things out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com