Are my Breast Considered Abnormal, Tuberous? (photo)

Hi, I'm 25 yrs old, and I don't like my breast, I feel different from the others girls, I'm the only one who have this shape and areola !.. Do you think I have a diformity, tuberous breast for example ? Thanks for your advice...

Are my Breast Considered Abnormal, Tuberous?

+2

It looks like you have a very minor variant of the tuberous breast. We don't consider this abnormal, just different, and it is easily corrected with surgery. See a doctor for consultation and then you will have your answers regarding what can be done.

Tuberous breasts

+1

You do appear to have a very mild case of tuberous breast.  The surgical treatment for this can be an areola reduction or breast augmentation with an areola reduction.  For best results, seek an in-person evaluation with a board-certified plastic surgeon that routinely performs this type of surgery

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

You Have Normal Breasts and a Mild Tuberous Anatomy

+1

You have very mild tuberous condition which is identified by the lack of roundness of the lower breast shape which sort of "pulls" the nipple down. You also have a second feature of an enlarged areola, even though it is not puffy. If you like your size, just do the donut mastopexy and you will get a beautiful result. If you want this and larger, add an implant at the same time.

James Romano, MD

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

+1

You do not have a breast deformity and your friends and acquaintances comprise a small percentage of the total population. There are a lot of women out there with similar breasts to yours. If you want the shape changed and the areola size reduced a simple lift with removal of a crescent of breast tissue inside the lift can achieve that. If you want them larger you can place breast implants at the same time.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Very mild or minor tuberous deformity with large diameter areolae. Best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Tuberous deformity?

+1

You have a minor tuberous deformity of the breasts. If you want a more rounded shape, then you might need an implant and the areola reduced.

Ptosis not tuberous

+1

You have breast ptosis or drooping but I agree these are not the classic textbook tuberous breast. That being said, a breast augmentation in the most basic form just make your current breast shape and position larger. So if you are unhappy with the general appearance and nipple position a mastopexy may be required to reset your breast and nipple above your breasts inframammary crease. Therefore, although within the spectrum of "normal" you have a more challenging breast shape, and without additional surgery (i.e. lift/mastopexy) you may not be satisified with your result. Ultimately, you need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a thorough discussion of options, exam and sizing while being honest about expectations.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:
•Wide and puffy areolas

•widely spaced breasts

•high breast fold

•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast

•minimal breast tissue

•narrow base of the breast

Some of these are present to a mild extent in these photos. A breast lift can improve the shape of the breasts, and decrease the size of the areola. If the size is OK, that is all. If you wish to be larger, implants are in order. 

Specific advice will come during a consultation with a plastic surgeon. All the best. 

+1

Very, very close, and the treatment is similar.

Translation provided by doctor:

Muy, muy cerca, y el tratamiento es similar.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

I am happy to say you DO NOT have any evidence of Tuberous Breasts.  It appears from your photos that you have very natural breasts.  Your areola are little large in diameter and your breasts hang very naturally.  There is a wide range of normal in the appearance of breasts.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon