How Can I Get my Breast Closer Together? (photo)

I had my second augmentation april 1st 2013. My breast are closer together than the first augmentation May 1st 2013. Orginally I had 300ccs saline now I have 450ccs silicone. I think I need a bigger implant to fill up the space. Also one implant is fuller than the other. Would like to even them out and have better cleavage.

How Can I Get my Breast Closer Together?

+1

I do not think that a revision would benefit you at this point.  You probably have as good a result as possible.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cleavage is a function of your anatomy and can be created with clothing

+1

Sbw85: Are your implants subpectoral (under the muscle?).  If they are, there is definitely a limit to how wide an implant your chest can accomodate for the following technical reason.  If you choose an implant, which is too wide, placement will require releasing  muscle fibers from the lower inner aspect where it connects to the breast bone.  In addition to possibly causing a symmastia ("uniboob"), you may also feel more of the implant edge and experience progressive "bottoming out" as the weight of the implant is unsupported by the over released chest wall muscle.  Triangle halters, demi-cup or balconet bras create cleavage by positioning the implants together.  Wait a little longer, at least 90 days, to see how your body will react to the silicone gels.  Finally, you could consider replacing them on top of the pectoralis muscles, if you are determined to narrow the gap.

Lavinia Chong, MD

+1

You anatomy dictates if it is possible to achieve more cleavage. I think NOT!@ But your result still looks grate! 

Getting Breasts Closer Together with Revision Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I understand your concerns and goals, it is important that you be aware that  every patient's  anatomy  limits what can be accomplished with breast augmentation surgeon. In your case, after viewing your pictures, I would be concerned that trying to achieve closer “cleavage” would result in complications. Since there is minimal coverage of breast tissue/adipose tissue in the cleavage area, it is likely that you will experience breast implant rippling/palpability that can be unsightly etc.

Remember also that the nipple/areola complexes must be centered on the breast mounds.  The use of a larger breast implant may expose you to rippling/palpability of breast implants on the sides as well also.

Be careful about your decision-making;  make sure that you do not take your situation and create additional problems.

Breast implant pocket versus breast implant size

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Opening (dissecting) the breast implant pocket toward the center (cleavage) and choosing a wider implant will help you achieve your goal of closer positioned implants and better cleavage.  I cannot tell from the photos if the bottom or the sides of your breast pockets are too far dissetced.  If this is the case the sides of the breast implant pockets will have to be tightened.   With regards to the implant exchange, you will have to decide if you wantt the same projection and wider breast implants or if you also want more projection as well.  The size of the breast implant will increase regardless since you will be at least increasig the width of the implant.'

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Cleavage and third augmentation: not recomended

+1

hi, first of all an implant has to be located just back to the breast. cleaveages are different in every patient. cleaveage can be done incrementing the dimension of the implant.   on the other hand many surgeries will result in scar tissue and lack of good results.  in your case brest are appart and will never get closer just by an implant.   i agree with the others PS. 

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

As Good As It Gets - As Far As Cleavage

+1

The problem with getting the implants too close together is that you must release the muscular attachments of the pectoralis muscle along the sternum.  This can create an unnatural appearance along the medial edge of the breast. The implants can get no closer together than the edges of your breast bone.  My advise, leave well enough alone.  

Breast implants go into a specific place.

+1

The surgeon cannot placed breast implants wherever the patient wishes. They go directly behind the breast with the bottom along the infra mammary fold. As a volume goes up the diameter gets greater. The implants picture show an excellent result in should be left alone.