Are My Breast Too Close? (photo)

I am worried my breast are to close I am 23 days post op 500 cc over the muscle Is it going to move far apart? Please help

Too Large Breast Implants Often Look Too Close

+4

Thank you for your email and photo. I agree that your breast implants are too large for your frame.

In time most breast implants move down and out with time. You are only 23 days. I would give your result more time.

If after a yearthe implants do not settle enough to widen the distance between them then smaller implants would be your best option.

Implants too close together?

+1
It is hard to evaluate a post-operative result just 23 days post-operatively.  So I would wait another 6-8 weeks prior to re-evaluating.  That being said, I do agree with the other respondents that the implants appear to be too large for your frame and ultimately you may choose to downsize to smaller implants.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Implant Position after Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.With  time most breast implants move down and since you are only 23 days post-op, there may still be some swelling. I would give your result more time. It appears that your implants may be too large for your frame. If over time they do not get smaller or do not settle enough to widen the distance between them, then smaller implants would be your best option. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too close

+1

In my opinion your implants are not too close because you still have space between your breasts.  However your implant are wider than your chest and they seem to extend in your armpit.  The situation might improve a little after the swelling subside but the solution for you might be to go a little smaller.

Good luck

Christina Bernier, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breasts too close?

+1

I do not think that your breasts are too close.  They are still healing and it is very early. Give it time.  Good luck.

Implants Too Close

+1

You still have a space between the breasts and do not have symmastia.  The implants are very large for your frame, but the result is not unpleasing as it is.

Are My Breasts Too Close?

+1

Well, the breasts overall look very nice. However, I agree that you likely have implants that are too wide for your breasts. They will settle over the first 3 months or so, but nobody can tell you if the cleavage will widen or not. So, a word about sizing implants to the breast. I write time and time again about the shoe analogy in choosing a breast implant. Briefly, if you are a size 6 foot you would never buy a size 10 right?? The breast is the same way, your breast has a designated width we call the base diameter. Base diameter is what I equate to shoe size. If your breast diameter is 12 you should never have an implant larger than 12 cm in diameter. Just like shoes come in flats, medium height and high heals, implants are built the same way. They start wide and flat, and become more tall and narrow. Tall and narrow would be high profile implants. Basically if your breast is a size 12 you should be trying on the different style implants all with a base diameter of 12 or slightly less than 12 and nothing else. All you need to decide at that point is which look you are going for. So, if you have implants that are way to wide for your breast I agree with prior comments that you could downsize your implants to ones that fit the actual width of your breast and then they should not be so close together. You will likely need pocket revision as well to make the pocket smaller. Hope this makes sense. At the end of the day if you are happy with what you have, then just give things time and you will be fine I am sure.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Implants are very large for your frame

+1

the implants that you chose are very large for your frame, and for the width of your chest.  i assume that these are high profile implants.  even with high profile implants the base of the implant is so wide that the implants almost meet in the middle and extend out toward your armpits.  the remedy to this is downsizing your implants to something that matches your chest width a bit better.

Eric Chang, MD

Are My Breast Too Close?

+1

From your posted photos your result is acceptable. But you are the one who needs to be happy. Seek discussions with your surgeon. 

Breast implants too close?

+1

Hi, Rosi,

It's difficult to judge on a photo though you have relatively full, wide implants which seem well centred (sorry, patriotic UK spelling!). The implant should be centred on the middle of the breast mound (rather than the areola/ nipple as this isn't always naturally in the middle). The only way to have a larger gap is with narrower implants. It's possible your breasts naturally came this close but it's hard to judge on a post-op photo. There will still be some swelling and I'd let things settle further and discuss with your own PS, taking into account your pre-op photos.

Stephen Hamilton, MD, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon